Documentary thread

Your rep isn’t getting better, it it? ha.

Jokes aside - The Rom comment on tight transitions…I’ve never thought any of it was tight. The Pool is whippy I guess…and the top end of the Snake, maybe.

I always thought one of the things going for it was how good the trannies were.

Do you reckon?

I think he’s hilarious.

1 Like

If someone can please find the video of the southbank opening day he did and his bitter old moaning about people skating it . You will see what I mean. That and the SOS bullshite with his eBay shop.

2 Likes

I suppose I’m thinking about the lack of flat bottom in the halfpipe and pool, which gives you less time to set up for tricks. I don’t think flat bottom was even a thing when Rom was built. Goff came down to our local ramp just before the last lockdown - a 12ft-plus vert ramp and he skated it like it was a mini

1 Like

I remember him most recently from him trying to fire into Stephane Nurding on Instagram.

4 Likes

Another of the super-old generation skaters we see from time to time is Ian Cocking

1 Like

Haha, what is this about?! One of those “old man yells at cloud” occasions?

The muck mouth where are they now interview he did was pretty telling.

Someone link it please

3 Likes

That’s pretty funny.

He’d be a great addition to this place.

Hahaha fuck , what a surprise, same old Goff , I’m amazed he pulled off that smile . He should add that to his trick bag, may increase it to double figures.

1 Like

Thats exactly what this place needs, more miserable old men

11 Likes

He could bring experience, though.

He has been a miserable old man since about 1994.

4 Likes

When him and his mates hijacked RaD they made what are arguably the worst issues of any skateboard magazine ever. Not even talking specifically about the photos of himself rollerskating in it, the whole run was outrageously terrible.

3 Likes

Totally. Unlike Dan Pageau.

1 Like

Incredible how you autotune out as soon as you hit the words ‘I guess I can say I am a firm believer in gospel’

2 Likes

So there’s me, right. And the ever-cheery Sean Goff. But has anyone here met Trawler?

3 Likes

These were great, I ended up reading them all. It kinda made me wish there was a wiki thing somewhere that had every pro ever and what teams they were on and the year. Bit like footballers wiki pages. I always forget some of the smaller companies or the journeymen pros and where they ended up/went.

I really think interviews with former pros are more interesting than ones with current pros since those guys have got the whole thing to talk about, rather than just, “Yeah I got good, and now I’m really good”.

Old pros should create Wikipedia pages, not board companies.

6 Likes