Documentary thread

I broke my ankle when some rollerbladers snaked me just as I was dropping in the BaySixty6 vert ramp.

Ahahahaha! Brilliant.

You got snaked by rollerbladers and that made you break your ankle. It’s even funny to type that out.

1 Like

Yep - they were playing some sort of tag game round the park and literally as I dropped in from the top of the vert ramp they both came in. I tried to kick my board away as I went down, and actually heard my ankle break as I landed on my heel

Just putting this here because I have been meaning to watch it for ages but I keep forgetting. Just popped up in the list on YT so grabbing it out before it goes back into the depths.

4 Likes

Hobo train hopping through the American Northwest.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Na0ii9W224A

3 Likes

The documentary that is mentioned in the Slam City Bobby Puleo interview. It’s up in five parts. (Paris catacombs exploration).

3 Likes
1 Like

really good, that…saw it when it came out. Will peep again!

1 Like

Watching that Britney doc. It’s so mad that a grown adult can be kept in that sort of legal situation. No way it would have happened to a male pop star.

hashtagfreebritney

On Prime and on YT.

Over the course of two years, this story follows two brothers, Marc and Richard Moore during a huge restoration project based in the East Sussex coastal town of Hastings. Their idea was simple, to build the world’s largest underground skate park underneath the promenade of Hastings seafront inside a space that dates back to the 1800’s and has laid derelict for the past eighteen years.

2 Likes

Watched this earlier (it’s on sky/now tv). Really entertaining and actually really gnarly at times - worth a watch even if you’re not a fan of wrestling.

He seems like a nice guy and honestly fair play to him.

1 Like

Had never seen this Jonathan Meades docco on Nazi Germany architecture and it is excellent. Does a really good (and at times darkly amusing) job of sending up the ridiculous aspects of Nazism

3 Likes

Have seen the USSR and fascist Italy ones but for some reason never seen this one.

Yes, he is great - for some reason though, I’ve never read any of his books

1 Like

His non-fiction is great. A similar vibe to his films. He also wrote a really weird novel, Pompey, that I couldn’t get into.

1 Like

Have you read his autobiography? The first volume, Unreliable Memoirs, is amazing. Proper wet yourself stuff.

Had a mad night at that park and some club afterwards, also slept in a bush / some randoms house

1 Like

Christ we really are locusts .

Powerful doco and will definitely sacking off tuna and many other fish now.

Man we’re really good at fucking this planet up.

Why the fuck would they not call it “ConspiraSea”???

12 Likes

Apparently the same film group also behind the Cowspiracy doco from 2014.

1 Like