Documentary thread

Fucksake, I have just cut down on meat and started eating more fish, really liking it too.
I will have to watch it though.

2 Likes

These documentary’s are so 1 sided though. I’m sure there’s a counter argument.

Yeah I’m usually sceptical but was checking as I went and much of
It was happening as in the documentary.

I didn’t realise how bad mangrove clearing For prawn farms was either .

And not just in Thailand

1 Like

They could call the shrimp one ‘Prawnspiracy’

Plus Netflix docs like this are hugely one-sided, lacking any nuance, and basically, clickbait.

Said as an ocean loving eco veggie too.

1 Like

Started it and the guy was unbearable and couldn’t finish it, I don’t eat fish anyway.

1 Like

It’s defo something to watch when you’re not already low.

The scale is unreal and the diversions from the culprits are something else.

It does have solutions, like most of the problems on the planet , but it will probably take this full on “in your face shock and awe” to make people sit up and listen and take very detrimental choices that collectively will help change the direction of the shit show Of commercial fishing. The video evidence is undeniable.

I’ve been scouring the web for “snopes” style fact checking on the numbers and evidence and there’s very little to counter it at the moment.

It’s a hard one, do we want to see the reality or ignore it and hope someone else deals with it. And that’s every aspect of the environment.

3 Likes

Yep, so many of them are like that I found.

The go vegan one definitely was “ i ate meat and could do battle ropes for 15 minutes then stopped eating animal products and I went for over a hour”

No you didnt, you’re chatting breeze mate

2 Likes

Maybe abp

Yeah, I think so. Its good…if it is.

1 Like

Yeah it really is. Ignore the sensational ad break bits.

1 Like

Good documentary on journalists covering the Iraq War. Has some footage of P.J O’Rourke doing a spot of radio coverage out there, too.

2 Likes

Anybody watched the Woodstock 99 doc? So gnarly, whole lot of finger pointing going on though

Dunno, looked pretty grim.

Anyone seen the N Korean mole one? Utterly mental

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that a few week back. Like you said, ‘mental’.

1 Like

Links please

This is where I watched it.

5 Likes