Documentary thread

watched the Harry Jumonji New York OG documentary on amazon prime last night. I didn’t really know that much about him other than the name and the myth and so was keen to watch it,. While it has some great historical footage and tales of NYC in the 80’s from him and his crew, it is ultimately a heavy story of someone who could have had it all but blew it due to drugs. it did finish on a positive note and so i hope he has kept it together in the 2 or 3 years since it was made

definitely worth a watch, the tales of how he kept his wardrobe fresh while living on the street is the ultimate hustlers how-to

3 Likes

Tried to buy it on Prime and it didn’t let me. Is it just there to actually watch, as normal?! Superb.

Oh good stuff. Will have a look later.

I also saw that the THPS video game doc is on there. Anyone know if it’s any good?

yeah is available to watch with prime - i think it must have only gone up there recently as it didnt come up in the search before

1 Like

I completely forgot that I backed that on Kickstarter ages ago. I wonder if I ended up in the credits as originally stated

Yeah its a pretty light, easy watch, obviously catering to a non skate audience so there’s so 'a quick history of skating tacked on at the start but the making of the game part is quite interesting though. Only an hour and 10 minutes so flies by.

2 Likes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QVKJWlxpPy4

3 Likes

Oh sick!

1 Like

only seen a bit so far, but the story of Casual meeting Del for the first time had me grinning like a twat

1 Like

should’ve posted this in here, apologies

2 Likes

One of the greatest hand held docs I’ve ever seen.
(I posted this years ago on the Sidewalk forum - re-watched it the other day).

This is what compassionate policing looks like.
Bonus points for VX1 usage too.

1 Like

Is that a VX700 or w/e they’re called at 5:44?

Thanks for posting this - got a night of chillin’, so will give this a peep.

2 Likes

The Harry Jumonji doc is on Prime.

Minding The Gap on the iPlayer is good

Warning: this one is grim (continuing my theme) but well and truly worth watching in my opinion. Anyone who has been around alcoholism will know how true this one is.

2 Likes

The Peace Park one I posted above is a good Canadian Skate doc’

Needs Ross Kemp in here.

1 Like

It’s sad obviously but also amazing and treats the people involved with proper respect/humanity.
Penny Woolcock who made it has made a bunch of incredible UK docs - her Vimeo has them all.

2 Likes

Should probably post in here more. @anon83623327 some of the football clips in the Maradona documentary are unreal.

So many dope kits as well.

Still say Messi for GOAT but watched him play a lot.