Equipment Thread

I’ve got a pair already, great first roll about on them, suspect harder bushings might be in order in the not too distant though.

I still do but not that much. Skating flatground is cool during summer but fuck doing that when it’s cold as fuck outside. I’d rather do another pivot to fakie and roll away happy than possibly primo a flip trick any day between October and April.

56mm is undeniably the best size ‘street’ wheel

1 Like

Great, I thought I’d be happy with 53mm 101a forever, 5 minutes on here and I have urge to try larger size and different duro wheels. Typical!

2 Likes

Are any of the Bones bearings other than the Reds worth the extra money?

Someone wasn’t here for bearing week.
Heated discussions at length.

6 Likes

Thanks I’ll have a look. Any idea roughly where in t the 1400 posts it is?

June 2020.
Search for ceramic in this thread.

1 Like

Because of the bearing discussion I bought some reds super 6. My mate bought some bones big balls.

Both sets seem slightly quicker/roll further. The main reason for buying them was that apparently they last a lot longer (or forever). So far mine have lasted a few months and no dead bearings

2 Likes

Definitely rate the big ball bearings, wouldn’t buy anything else now and am on probably my fourth or fifth set.

Also really rate Orbs wheels which I’ve been skating for a while. Prefer them to Bones or Formula 4s.

On the ‘don’t rate it much’ tip - I am riding some Titanium Indies which seem to be exactly the same weight, alloy and geometry as Indy hollows…but with a titanium axle instead of a hollow steel one.

I guess they must be stronger or something but as I’m skating mainly curbs and mini ramps they’re utterly pointless given the price premium. I’m never gonna break a truck. Still great trucks obviously, but not worth £100 a set.

around here wayout :slight_smile:

i’m still skating this same set of wheels/bearings and they still feel fucking incredible and luckily none have popped so i haven’t had to scrap hugo

1 Like

Is this literally called Tom in tribute to that Penny mini ramp clip with the blue stripy half zip and blue beanie?

4 Likes

Description from the Magenta site:

MUTANT BLACK JACKET FROM THE GLORIOUS PENNY MINI RAMP LINE EXTRA KANGAROO POCKET 3M REFLECTIVE STRIPES WATER REPELLANT NYLON HALF ZIP CLOSURE PADDED NYLON LINING MADE IN EUROPE

1 Like

Ah fair enough, my Poirot skills aren’t all that at 6am. Thanks

1 Like

Don’t be so hard on yourself, it was pre 6am :wink:

So I’m feeling the idea of softer wheels for any more A to B runs, looking at:
OJs
Ricta Clouds (but stories of the core disintegrating on here putting me off a bit)
Some Enjoi wheels which look pretty sick

Any other contenders?

My kid has some Spitfire Chargers, 80D I think. They’re lovely for cruising but they won’t slide at all even if you wax the shit out of the ledge

Yeah I accidentally bought some 97a bones, had to give them away after 1 session, didn’t work for me at all

the lack of sliding in grinds is bad enough but not even being able to revert on flatground? fuck no. that’s like one of my favourite parts of skateboarding. 101D all day every day. rough ground is a part of UK life

Current setup from slam city. Worrest twin tail, slick deck, 8.38, Ishod thunder 148s. Getting on fine with the twin tail, cool just chucking it down not worrying which is the nose and tail. Imagine it might be tricky for those who do more fakie/nollie tricks than me though to get used to it. Thunder trucks turn and grind great, look cool too.

3 Likes