Equipment Thread

I’d trust Ben DeGros over anyone on this topic

2 Likes

Not watched either review but I’m not riding a wheel that soft. Skateboard wheels are supposed to be hard and sound a certain way.

1 Like

Bring back clay wheels

2 Likes

Watching Ben’s review has put me off. I ride 99a bones usually and they are smooth enough on fairly rough ground to not need to go softer. Tbh I’d prob steer away from rougher spots anyway just for the skin cheese grater potential.

Anyone know best way of getting the cages out from around your bearings?

Screwdriver and hammer. Then go to the shop to buy new bearings.

4 Likes

Proper MAS. I’ve not pushed the cages out for a number of years (since buying a cleaner bottle) but from memory I used either a paperclip with the long bit bent so its a P shape or a really small screw driver.

Yeah just did it. Used a real small mobile phone flathead to prize the cage off. Way easier than trying to get them out by pressing the open side out.

1 Like

Boom.

8 Likes

Yellow out the box or poor lighting?

Lighting

Just need an Experimental deck to go with them :grin:

Made this as I just cleaned 2x sets and couldn’t for the life of me remember how to get the cages out. So I had to trawl through videos to find out how to do it. So it’s mainly for my own reference, thought someone else might find it useful.

3 Likes

Inner ring. Hehehe.

It’s like a Viz comic/MAS in here all of a sudden

4 Likes

Got out to the indoor park last night for a quick 15 mins. On the way there rolled over some rough → smooth ground. Night and day compared to the hard formula wheels I’ve been riding for years, so much more comfortable to ride and easier on the legs.

Indoor park has wooden floor. First impressions are they are really good, everything that’s been said before, super soft, smooth ride, yet they slide. Really a bit weird, but in a good way. Going to get out again tomorrow and maybe film something.

7 Likes

Dude I skate with was given some of these new dragon wheels. He says they’re technically perfect if you like harder wheels but they sound and rebound wrong

Sound thing is important if you’re proper weird like me

Rebound thing is important if how tricks feel when you land matters

Otherwise he says they’re lightning fast on any surface and slide as well as any hard wheel

1 Like

They slide

6 Likes

How come yours look like that but others have the dragon logo? Are you enjoying them or na?

As far as I know they are like pre-production promotional samples, hence the ‘Experimental’ branding.

I haven’t ridden them long, maybe an hour or 2 max, on a wooden indoor park (and skating to it on rough pavemet).

But so far, 100% absolutely love them. Really keen to find out what they are like to skate other stuff with. I’ve been skating super skinny wheels (Fast Wheels Lites (50mm, 15mm riding patch)) for the last 3 years so have to readjust a little bit

1 Like