Equipment Thread

Cheers man

Got a few mates riding them and they all love them and wouldn’t go back

1 Like

Popping up in some UK shops now. Worth £60 for a set?

2 Likes

Ah yeah at Note

Honestly I would pay that for these wheels no problem. Wheels normally last me at least a couple years anyway. Tempted to get some 52s even though I have no cash rn

2 Likes

Interesting. Cheers for the thoughts on them. I’ve hurt myself being old and fat, so I might invest in some new bits while I’m having a few weeks off. I’ve had the same trucks since about 2007!

At £60 I’d likely stay on Spitfire F4, but there is part of me that wants to try them. Maybe when my current wheels hit 50mm, so that’s 2024 haha

1 Like

I really want to skate them for a long-ish session, just to see if what they say about being able to skate longer is true. It was definitely easier riding the pavements around here

Speaking of buying trucks, are the bushings they come with still shit?

What trucks you talking about? I always swap out with Bones soft (blue). Not been able to get on with any other bushings, plus I ride very very loose trucks.

More of a general question really. I have always swapped out for bones too, but like I said I haven’t bought trucks 15 years.

Can confirm Ace trucks are ace

Indys come with decent bushings these days, takes a while to break them in but nothing too crazy. I only change the pivot cups, I prefer those Rip Tide ones.

Eh, QC leaves a little (or a lot) to be desired with Ace atleast in my experience, first set I had the front pivot cup and bushing just blew out within two weeks of low impact skating which to me is beyond the point of just wear and tear. RMA’d through Ace and they agreed it shouldn’t happen, was possible I had one of the first sets/backstock of AF1’s which definitely had QC issues. Got a replacement set which were produced April 22, a year or so after AF1’s release and again within a week or two the front pivot started going. Goes without saying your/others mileage may vary and problems do happen but I find it a bit shoddy that trucks with a £70 price tag have these issues.

Yeah I just got them cos they were cheap off palomino, had no issues at all so far but sounds like I got lucky there !

2 Likes

This looks great for nerding out

I’ve been riding GO23 for years now

2 Likes

does anyone still microwave their cupsole shoes straight out of the box? is that a thing anymore?

wtf do you mean any more :joy:

1 Like

I dunno so many people moved to plimsoll-y shoes which I assume are floppy out of the box

I’m quite a sweaty human so usually just break in my shoes naturally but was wondering if this was a thing people did anymore

What you skating @Spanky?

I see that your dragons have chunked already @Spanky ! Not a good sign re. longevity. Have you been powersliding them outside?

Vans half cabs. They’re ok (but you all knew that already)

1 Like

Nah not yet. Haven’t had a razz on them outside properly yet. Not too bothered about the little chunk that came out. I’ll reserve judgement after a month or so…