Equipment Thread

That company looks like a bad version of so many other companies. Like it’s got everything mostly ‘right’ but it’s meaningless and looks daft.

The skateboard company equivalent of seeing CID in a club.

so it turns out spending loads of money on wheels and bearings is actually fucking wicked, who knew?

this board is very nice btw ronny, 8.37 is probably the perfect size for me

11 Likes

Haha, I remember donkey’s years ago seeing an Argos board. Clearly some graphic designer somewhere had been given the task of doing the graphics, chose to make it a pro model, had to come up with a skateboardery name and ended up with “R.B. Skeebo”.

1 Like

Anyone know what model of Thunder 147’s these are? Can’t find them on the Thunder website. Cheers

Edit: they’re 58mm high With white bushings so think Hollow Lights High Polished?

not sure who needs to hear this but i’d heartily recommend not being Toy Machine right now. I’ve bought the same deck a few times in a row and the shape and size has been different every time. They now have a “made in China” sticker instead of the old safety sticker with the guy falling down the stairs. Last 2 decks have either snapped or split apart at a ply (neither of which has happened to me in the best part of a decade)

now i need to spend ages looking for a different brand to ride that goes well with thunders and has a mellow shape

Same, for now. I’m assuming it’s because loads of brands are just using whoever can supply them boards right now. I really hope that these boards are not a permanent change.
Anyone follow Ed on insta to ask him what the deal is?

1 Like

What is similar? Crail camp are meant to be mellow and go well with thunders right?

Girl etc always used to be flat and loads of gap between bolts and kick, probably the worst boards ever for me. But who knows what they are like nowadays.
I’m struggling to think of options.
Maybe I need to message Watsons laminates to see who they supply nowadays. Probably not many big boys because many have gone to china

Please do, I probably owe you a beer or two already for advice

Girl and chocolate print a board shape code on each deck so you can just hit up the distro or sos and say ‘i want a girl/choc board, GO32 shape’ and you know you’ll get a 8.125" board same concave and shape every time (but could be different pro\graphic obvs)

Friend of mine out me onto it, we both ride that shape and I’m going to get same shape board for when I visit uk

1 Like

There’s a thread on slap with all the codes and sizes.

Yeah looks like G009 would be my jam. Might just try one. What trucks do you ride?

Thunder hollow light ii 147 or indy 139s. But I like trucks to be a tiny bit narrower. Those sizes fit 8" perfectly

Oh perfect. I ride thunders too

had a hungover wave of nostalgia and bought a karma board for some reason this morning

How is it? Not had a karma deck in years

won’t be setting it up for a while but will report back when i do

1 Like

anyone know where fabric skateboards get their decks pressed?

FTFY. I’m pretty sure they are no more now. I could be wrong, but when I used to film bits and bobs for them I was told they were made in France. Again, don’t quote me on that.

Made in France? Assumed it’d be jart or dsm or something. Will have a poke around on slap. Wait fabric is no longer a thing at all? Their boards are still around a lot