Equipment Thread

These 2 just turned up from Legacy. Will try out the Hamilton and hang the Silvas as I like the graphic. First Primitive decks I’ve tried. Feel too old but YOLO. Nice, flattish concave. Unspectacular shape (in a good way).

4 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with Primitive. P-Rod does things right.

I wish they made a smaller Villani egg board.

i find my kid’s primitive board to have the steepest nose/tail ever but otherwise yeah flattish concave

Polar’s football shape is 8.75". I just got one - haven’t set it up yet but it doesn’t feel that wide.

Yeah, I’m skating a Lovenskate egg shape 8.75 at the moment and it’s great!

I had a World Industries Jovantae Turner at Night in the early 90s which I loved. I’d like to know what the dimensions were on that.

That one was a football shape, just before they got really skinny.

1 Like

They rereleased that in OG shape didn’t they?

I think so.

I’d love to try a Krooked Cromer egg. 8.38 sounds really good for a shape like this. You can flip it but it still feels like a big toy.

This looks beautiful. I wish my back was working!

1 Like

This just looks so good, Put away for Christmas now… Aaaaaaarrrrrrr.

1 Like

Made me chuckle.

The trucks look a bit wide for the board or is it a cruiser?

1 Like

Well thts mostly what it will get used for but the speck is 8.5" Wide, 32.25" with Ace Trucks Classic 55. Its and Arbor complete.

Ooof, just about. Poke wheel fitment was never a look I liked (I prefer not being able to see wheels when I look down, or at most them being perfectly flush). Will be more difficult to do tre flips but if you’re just punting about should be just fine.

1 Like

Just ordered the purple one.

1 Like

hahaha, not much chance of that ever happening, I can only just about ride without killing myself. Its the reason I went with the wide deck bigish wheels. Hopefully it should give me at least a sense of bigger stable platform to learn on. My kids 7.5 and 7.75 decks seam so small and twichy to me. I know there is other thing involved in there decks but having the mental knowledge I have a big plank under me should help.

Yeah you’ll be fine mate

1 Like

What size and shape are you after?

Most skater owned shops won’t sell anything bad so pretty much chose one the right size that you like the look of.

Who’s your favourite skater right now? Maybe get something from their board sponsor.

1 Like