Equipment Thread

Wondered where that extra £250 million was going to go.

Finger joints should make it cheaper right? As they can use smaller laminates. Like cheap ikea furniture.

Also, are these made in the EU?

It was expensive - about £200. But compared to other sports like mountain biking it’s super cheap. You’d pay ten times as much there. I’m pleased to support a company that’s committed to innovation in skating - that’s how the equipment we use progresses. I’ve bought pretty much every kind of ‘experimental’ deck over the years - Revdeck, Libtech, Kape Carboslick, Powell Flight Deck. Sometimes they’re good, other times less so.

And you’re still shite. The best skateboarders in the world don’t use novelty gimmick skateboards, you know.

Although obviously you’re quite easily led.

4 Likes

gleaming the cube

You say that, but look at boards now and look at what they used to be. Some innovations have proved their worth - concave, double kicktails, the popsicle shape. Look at what the pros used to ride - solid wood decks, flat decks with almost no nose, big wide wheels. There’s a small-c conservatism in skating sometimes: people don’t like change, but stuff progresses and it’s worth embracing it.

Or, people have stupid ideas that make a perfectly decent situation worse, and end up costing shitloads of money.

Sound familiar?

Also, DM me for magic beans. They’re British!

1 Like

It’s all relative. This is me on another recent purchase- a carbon slick deck from Kape

That’s the thing with innovation. A lot of it doesn’t work out, but you have to try it to find the ones that do. Concave was once a weird novelty

That’s horrible. It’s great that you’re having fun, but nobody needs to look at that disgusting early grab on a joke skateboard.

Your skateboards are probably made by ski manufacturers or some shit.

1 Like

And buying stupid novelty skateboards will cost a fortune, much like that other thing you and your Michael Fabricant friends wanted.

Plenty of people who understand the realities of both have been on hand to explain to you why they’re a bad idea too. You on a skateboard like this is so fucking appropriate. Idiot.

1 Like

Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed!
Here’s an invert on a LibTech board with a plastic base. They make snowboards, but I’m not holding it against them

It’s not really an invert though, is it?

2 Likes

Post a picture of yourself doing one, and we can critique what I’m doing wrong

Much like you, I can’t do them. Just that I avoid posting pictures of my attempts.

I’ve got a reasonable idea of what a good invert photo looks like though, and this isn’t one. Hope that helps.

1 Like

I’m sold. I can’t see how anyone could perform any of these stunts on a normal board just made out of wood.

2 Likes

So how close can you get to them? I’m not fully inverted there, as you can see. It’s more a handplant than a full invert. I’d need to arch my back more and push the board higher. I land them, though. You?

Start with putting your hand on the coping.

Yeah, It’s just the tip of my thumb there. This one’s a bit better