Equipment Thread

The fact that you consider this a perfectly good invert speaks volumes about you. I guess if your arsehole mates like it, then it’s good? That’s all you really need, isn’t it? Fuck the reality, and whatever opinion anybody else has.

Absolutely stinking. Looks like a Slap Photoshop.

Leaving this thread now, came here to talk about truckbolts and now I’m being bombarded with some of the most unpleasant looking skateboards and skateboarding I’ve ever seen, from one of the worst people in the country.
At least if I go to my local vert ramp the old dudes tickling the coping in full pads didn’t help promote Brexit.

7 Likes

And that’s the problem, I think. I think you really don’t want to listen or engage whatever I might say about skateboarding because we have different views on politics. Remind me which side of the culture wars were meant to be the tolerant ones?

Good point. I like trying new boards, but good skaters can do pretty much anything on pretty much any board. Here’s Jussi Korhonen on a 20-year-old Sims board with no concave and no nose

LOL.

Did the press release for that claim it was a make, yeah?

The fundamental problem I have is that the you’re on here posting MAS-style photos, you talk down to everybody and it’s actually you that’s close-minded.

Just about all skateboarders are, deep down, semi-decent people. That’s another difference with you.

1 Like

That picture isn’t me. It’s someone a million times better. But it was a make. I know because I took that shot at my local ramp, just outside London. Jussi’s a regular there. It’s relevant here because he’s using old-style equipment that more or less none of us would dream of using nowadays. It says two things:

1. Times move on. Things like concave and double kick boards were once thought of as weird novelty shapes but in the end we all ride them.
  2. The biggest thing we need is skill. If you’re good you can do great stuff on any board

Sims Brad Bowman if I’m not mistaken… late ‘70’s mate. Just saying.

1 Like

Just like Great Britain was fine as it was in the EU.

Skateboard decks are fine as they are now.

Considering you don’t pop your board you don’t need to worry.

2 Likes

You could be right. Someone brought 3 old boards along that day, and Jussi started doing big stuff on them. Here’s another of the boards he tried out. I don’t think this was a make

I am right. They were in skateshops when I bought my first board.

2 Likes

Facts don’t matter to this guy.

IT’S A TWENTY YEAR OLD BOARD.

Understand?

2 Likes

Cant hate on an invert on a vert ramp no matter how sidevert it is.
Mine dont get much more upside down on a ramp half that size and im still claiming invert as long as that thumb is over the coping

I just guessed- it looked old so I thought about 20 years. But it turns out it’s even older

Skateboards from twenty years ago look the same as skateboards today. Seems mind-boggling that that isn’t obvious.

1 Like

Come on man, give it a break. Just mute him if it’s bothering you that much.

1 Like

Yep - that thumb is the key to the trick

He seems quite up for these conversations. Don’t know if you’ve noticed.

It seems to be aggravating you, so why scratch the itch?

Mainly I’m up for conversations about skating in this thread