Equipment Thread

Aaaaah

7 Likes

Hey! I have STFs too!

But I don’t skate so I guess the point still stands.

4 Likes

I always assumed that the whole selling point of clear coat, and rub bricks etc for curbs and ledges was to provide a surface to add wax on top of without the hard work of just using wax and having to break the ledge in. eg it makes it less porous and the wax stays slidey.

I know you can get away without wax after using it, it just seems more durable to go the wax route.

3 Likes

alright forum brain trust, i need some advice

my skate spot has a manual pad where the main surface is an old tarmac that has weathered badly and is now rough and almost impossible to skate. i want to restore it

i’m wondering about something like a leveling compound that they use on floors. is that a stupid idea? any advice would be welcome

something like this -

although that specifically says “indoor use”

Literally no experience on the subject but if it says indoor only then I’d go for this instead:

Failing that find a smooth bit of wood to chuck over the top?

I’ve got a little wooden manny pad. For this one to be fun is need a massive piece of wood that wouldn’t fit in my car

Edit - that wickss product could work!

Just the job.

Need pics of spot

There should be a minimum thickness that stuff will work at. Any thinner and you’ll run the risk of it all cracking and flaking and being even worse than the tarmac in a short space of time.

Ideally you need to set up a timber frame and pour it in.
I have a feeling this is probably going too far into a small repair?

I’ll take pics tomorrow. I don’t want to pour a whole floor, just fill the worst of the gravelly bits if that makes sense?

1 Like

the size down continues

8.25 shop deck
venture 5.6 polished
54mm spf v5s probably 50mm by now

interesting change coming from indys

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking about trying some Ventures. I’m riding indies and love them but also miss that Venture feel.

Nice, was just looking at these decks earlier, clean. What shoes are those?

You probably just want to pour some resin and sand in there.

Ride someone else’s set up with Ventures first

I’d never go back to them when I did .

1 Like

Honestly I’d give it a shot, I was on Thunders for about 3/4 years, Indy’s for a year then decided to switch it up as my friends Indy’s were fucking battered and mine were still in good nick so I figured I’d use that as an excuse to buy a new set for myself and give him the Indy’s. Only good things to say so far, obviously they don’t turn as much as a set of Indy’s but pop wise they feel a lot better.

@wheelsofretrospective they’re a pair of Suciu ADV’s from about 2016, had them in the back of the wardrobe for years and forgot about them. Good shoe if you can find them.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a good idea…I know they don’t turn. It’s just something about them…I think they need to be on a smaller deck like 8 and under maybe.

I had them on a 7.75 from 93 till I got grindkings in 2004, still on a 7.75 .
Only ever rode Ventures cos they were cheaper than indys . Kinda wish I’d tried more trucks looking back .
The turn that indys have make my natural balance so much better .

Ta, I had the ADV 2s as a chiller and wore them to death, was going to resurrect them to skate in but they’re way too loose now and the sole is worn as. Loved them when I had them though. Sushoes FTW. He needs a new one out.

Resin you say?? I’ll have a look