Equipment Thread

Seller info defo confirms slugger dist ltd, as for whose pressing them, worth a shout to just ask I’d say

Phwoar well up for listing setups.

I’m riding…

Anti Hero Raney Beres 8.12" Then and Now
Indy hollows
Powell Big Balls
Orbs Specters 53mm

And…

Welcome Chris Miller 8.75" Faces
Indy Titaniums
Powell Super Swiss 6
Orbs Specters 54mm

1 Like

I bought a couple to reshape as 90s wallhangers, definitely wouldn’t ride one. The concave is iffy making the area where the holes are not flat. I wrote something about them a while ago in here somewhere.

really? already set one up and haven’t seen any issues with concave albeit i havent skated it yet so i’ll find out tomorrow

8.25 x 32 x 14.25 wb, venture 5.6, bones spf 54s probably at 50 by now.

for all intents and purposes it seems decent (or atleast as decent as a blank can be), had a bad run of luck with boards lately; cracked a TOA after 5 sessions on a fs board, then had a Native deck which had a gap between baseplate/deck where the kicks start, and required the bolts to literally be hammered in.

Maybe they have sorted the issue out or maybe it’s only certain decks off the press pile that feel more rounded? Dunno but I found the issue quite alarming, but I am very picky haha

This is my skateboard. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my skateboard is useless. Without my skateboard I am useless.

8.5” Hockey (love this snubby nose shape)
149 Supreme Indy + Bones Bushings
54mm Spitfire F4’s
Misc bearings and hardware.

4 Likes

I bloody love hockey and fa, but can’t get on with the noses. Feels like I’m riding a big toe.

2 Likes

I can now ride nothing but. Everything else feels like a Zip Zinger!

gave the one i got a shot today, def with you on the iffy concave - i cant exactly pinpoint what felt different, but something definitely felt off. did notice it seemed to flip around a lot quicker than my last few boards, and didn’t really seem to hinder me so i’ll give it a few more sessions and see how i feel about it.

Im very seriously considering a Christmas complete as I quite like the idea of a 90’s football shape with rails for slappies, around 8.5 ish, where should I be looking? Heroin? Welcome? Anyone else?

Rookie numbers.

Gotta get at least a 9.

1 Like

I want to skate it not do the ironing with it

2 Likes

Polar maybe, saw a cool Sanbongi? board, 8.75

I’ve been skating Lovenskate’s egg/football shape since October and am loving it. It’s an 8.75 but it’s not as big as you’d think as it tapers near the trucks. Skating it with 149s and 52 F4s, it’s really good for skating curbs, ledges, manual pads, small transitions and miniramps which is what I skate mainly these days.

I’ll post a few pictures later if you want.

1 Like

There you go.

It felt like skating a fucking table at first but I quickly got used to it and it’s my favourite setup now.

4 Likes

Looks rad mate! Will see if i can find one that isn’t neon pink

1 Like

Polar P9 is a really good shape, as is the Chocolate Skidul. Both have good shape without getting too wide and fish like. Same goes for the Welcome Miller I posted up there :point_up_2:t2:

1 Like

On a Hockey 8” here with a Northern Co. 8.125” on standby. I prefer the more tapered nose on the Northern Co. so after one or two more sessions on the Hockey I might retire it and set the Northern Co. up.

Tended to skate 14.25” wb for years so wondering if going back to that after the 14” wb will be noticeable or if I’m too crap nowadays to be bothered.

I feel like wheelbase length really affects your balance when you’re doing manuals and the way you pop your flips tricks, especially those that spin like 360 flips for example.

2 Likes

Yeah, kind of where my mind is, thinking wide shovel nose isn’t helping my cause either. Will confirm once I’ve made the change back. Went out 20 mins earlier today and, with yesterday’s vaccine ache lingering, wasn’t really feeling it. Daughter and I enjoyed what skating we did though.

Excuses eh? Haha

1 Like