Equipment Thread

There’s an EU company doing something similar

https://instagram.com/creamprime?igshid=1uk2irzrqsxpg

Is t Four D grip meant to be somewhat the same UK side or at least if not it’s meant to be less abrasive than standard grip

When I first learned to ollie (when this was all fields/ etc) I saw the shoe wear as a trophy - this is still the case, especially as I’m 48 and only skate once a month.

It’s a no thank you from me.

5 Likes

Hi Wawrick.

4 Likes

Rad Rat tried it:

Aww rad rat, forgot about that dude.
I’m guessing his facial expression there is all you need to know.

In the first two weeks of using it he didn’t like it as he found it too grippy but it became less grippy and it seems like he started to like it. It didn’t wear down his shoes really. He said there was a problem with it peeling a bit at the sides but he’d carry on with it.

I’d be nervous to go for it but it seems better than I expected.

I used to be a one-sesh shoe killer and so I was really intrigued in it and always wanted to give it a go.

how is that physically possible? one session???

Heavy flip toe or something.
It was really frustrating and had to get shell-toes or those DC legacy’s.

cream prime griptape
i saw that non abrasive tape also

i looked at some reviews on the dkl griptape
the reviews make it look good
other than the peeling which i read is from poor installation or something
ive been skating for about a few months and im on my 3rd shoes now

I spent a session trying flip nose slides (on a curb) in AV Natives which had super soft foxing and suede on the toe and it went through super quick. They were great shoes apart from that actually

I’m still bitter about my Pacer Hogs that had a hole after a day.

4 Likes

think when i do build this new board ill try out the dkl if it doesnt work ill tear it off and put on the spare mob tape i got

how about the modus titanium bearings?
i hear they are good but there just titanium coated

I’d stick with some reds. Decent bearings that will last. Then step up to Swiss when you’ve got a 6 figure income. :wink:

3 Likes

Not shitting you but try the Big Balls. About a fiver more than Reds and according to my very unscientific testing they’re well worth it.

2 Likes

big balls come heavily recommended from all users it seems. they last longer too. i’m on the super 6s and they are also mucho awesomo

1 Like

Yeah I’m riding both on the two setups I have…got the Big Balls and was stoked on them so thought I’d try some Super 6 and they seem just as good. Honestly, I can’t tell the difference between Swiss and regular bones…but I am told that Swiss last even more longerer so that’s obviously worth something.

1 Like

Went to a transition-y park for the first time on these super 6s the other day and it was a wild roller-coaster ride. Felt like Grant Taylor (minus like, the skill and the tricks and the everything)

5 Likes

New Quasi for tonight’s curb excursions, plus some 99a Formula 4s with Bronson bearings

Hoping for an extra half foot on those nose slides ha

4 Likes

& kinda related to the above post but are there any charities (thinking UK, mainly for ease of postage) that accept old boards / equipment etc? Got a few boards that are used but’d be fine for beginners

I had a look at Skateistan but the donation options are more financial than equipment