Equipment Thread

I rotate my wheels to try and even out the coning. Saves them from coning so bad you have to replace them

1 Like

But then the graphics are on the outside at some point, not cool! Haha.

1 Like

What’s the consensus on graphics in? I always used to put 3 in and 1 facing out and vice versa when flipping them.

3 Likes

Same. And that must be right because the last set of wheels I got, some Wayward ones, only had a graphic on one of them. Tiny logo on three and a big graphic on one, to save confusion.

1 Like

All graphics in for me. I’d like to be able to get out skating enough to actually wear a set down to have to rotate them haha.

1 Like

That should be a selling point for wheels

“Graphics printed on the inside of wheel”

I’ve always wondered if it would be possible to mold a wheel with urethane text running through it like blackpool rock. Did ricta do something like that with their logo part of the inner core?

Cockroach printed on the rolling surface.

3 Likes

Lovenskate did a set like that as well. They were a black wheel with something printed on the riding surface in white.

I run graphics inwards, and swap the wheels from front to back as the coning happens more on particular wheel.

switch trucks round every time you set up a freshie

(oh and buy formula fours if poss)

1 Like

Gonna pass old boards onto Andy who runs Tryin’ To Ride, he refurbs them & gives them to beginners so good to support

I bought a set of cockroach expecting the graphics on the outside to last forever and I was crushed when they somehow did not

Also yeah graphics inside all day long

What’s the consensus on photos on the underside of skateboards? Foundation put screen grabs from their Nervous Breakdown video on boards in the late nineties or early two thousands (I had an Ethan Fowler one; it was the narrowest full-sized board I ever owned). I suspect some people might feel there’s something a bit artless about it but I thought it worked well (most skateboard graphics aren’t to my liking). This could also be a good use of single frame sequences, now that magazines are a thing of the past.

If I was in the market for a natas blind bag and got the photo board, I would have been so fucking bummed out.

So in other words, skate photos on skateboards are whack.

2 Likes

Def whack.
See also clothing.

2 Likes

Same! Front left = graphic (laces) out.

I do this too.

Yes! Definitely something to consider, but one of those ‘that’s tomorrow’s problem’ things. :grinning:

Just sand the graphics off?

I’ve never understood this horror about graphics on the outside, if they are they come off pretty quick anyway. Also must be very demoralising for the wheel graphics people.

4 Likes

Haha - I’ve never thought of it this way.

Good point.

I was lying about wheel wear. Set up a new deck and had to switch one of my front wheels to the back as it was starting to cone.

New deck is Northern Co. 8.125, although wider it feels thinner than the Hockey 8” due to being less square. Struggled with the width of the nose past the front trucks on the Hockey.

Hopefully will get a skate in once I stop aching.

I don’t think I had ever given wheelbases a second thought before reading this thread.
Is this a new idea, dual wheelbase options?