Equipment Thread

You savage lol

Im not saying theyre not great, just that all wheels are flatspottable

if i remember right from Fos posting on Slap, Snot are from the same manufacturer who produce Heroin wheels, and by extension also Baker/Deathwish. Whilst I haven’t skated Snot wheels I ran a set of 54 Heroins a while back and all I can really sum them up as is decent - better than utter low end wheels, obviously not as good as say F4’s/STF’s/etc. If you’re after something that’ll grip a little more, they’ll do the job and that’s the only reason I went from F4’s to Heroin as I was skating DIY spots a lot at the time and kept slipping out.

I have 3 (and a cruiser) and it’s great! More options for more comfort depending on what terrain you skate.

You’re okay as long as you don’t start referring to them collectively as a “quiver”.

9 Likes

Hahaha! I don’t really see my skating as anything that would require weapons.

Has anyone tried one of these? Kinda intrigued but not sure if more gimmick then practical, £300 so not cheap

They do one that you can just put your phone in which is a lot cheaper and seems a good idea if you have a phone with a good camera.

1 Like

I was going to suggest the phone gimble.
The good thing about the pocket is it’s size.

MPB have them from used from about 1/2 the price

1 Like

Thanks both, will have a look at the phone gimble

Any of you ever have bearings keep pushing out of a wheel? I’ve been using bones Swiss in F4s for almost a year. Got a relatively new set of F4s, all of a sudden one or two of the bearings keeps sort of pushing out of the wheel. I have to take the wheel off, take the bearings out and try to get them back in

The bearing spin but maybe I’ve warped the tracker or something? Defective wheel?

Have you tried emailing the UK DLX distributor?

Nah not yet. Put some different bearings in. Will see how that goes

Are bones medium bushings better than Ace stock bushings? Was thinking of giving them a try.

1 Like

Bones bushings are decent. They ride well straight out of the box. However they never lasted me that long before they squished into themselves. I rode the mediums for ages and tried the hard briefly. I used them in Tensors which have awful bushings anyway. When I rode Inde’s and Thunders I just use stock bushings

I always switch my Ace bushings out. Decimal didn’t have any medium ones left, so I went for hard and I honestly didn’t notice much difference between them and my other board which has mediums in.

thanks, yeah I was thinking as I am about 12 stone 9 I would get the hards. My mate swears by the bones bushings so it got me thinking.

might be best to get the hard then, perhaps overthinking things lol. Always the case with equipment ha

1 Like

I can’t think of a single time in my life where I’ve ever thought about my bushings. Can people actually tell the difference?

Always did skate super loose trucks though.

1 Like

Definitely yes, even the difference between Bones soft and mids was like night and day for me, had to throw the mids away