Equipment Thread

Reaaaally depends on the trucks. Some trucks don’t turn for shit (tensor) and if you skate them loose they’re well sketchy. Put in some better bushings and they’re fine. Other trucks are all good with stock bushings regardless of how tight you have them

I think a lot of pros use bones bushings because they don’t require breaking in at all

1 Like

I prefer my bushings to be in the same condition as my knees - old, a bit knackered and on the brink of exploding.

(That’s not to say that’s how I prefer my knees though. If I could get some new Bones bushings to fit in those I’d be doing that in a flash).

3 Likes

I recently made the schoolboy error of overtightening some new Indy’s and exploded the top bushings in the process. Might try some bones.

Again, if you’re looking for bushings that will last a long time, get some stock ones

Orange Indy aftermarkets (92 iirc) with flush nut in my Indys works well for me. Don’t mind the medium bones either. I’m only 10st though.

just use the normal indy ones but take them out and boil them in the pan every couple of months

Lul wut?

1 Like

Lol whut whut? You’re not microwaving your bushings?

Am I in the lunch thread?

3 Likes

For me and my mates it was always a toss up between baking them, pickling them or varnishing them…no, wait, that was conkers not bushings.

4 Likes

aha yeah, softens them up nicely

Hanger because I like it. Couldn’t skate the shape, it’s really square. I hope Snack do a Dodge Charger one, that’d be cool.

1 Like

1 Like

New Lurpiv trucks look pretty good. Not sold on the anodised finish but the general quality is pretty impressive.

Look really good from the pics , nice attention to detail. Look forward to the review

Lighter than Indies.

3 Likes

It’s all about the turn , if their like venture/film trucks that would be a shame.
What did they cost?

I don’t know the cost, they’re not mine one of the shop regulars brought them in. They look like they’re gonna turn really good the pivot is a super high angle.

Yeah I wasn’t sold on them. If you’ve ever seen Gunmetal or Randall longboard trucks they gave off that kind of vibe. I’ll wait and see what they ride like…but I have no desire to switch brands, I like Indies.

They remind me of stage 1 Indys.

11e8594d51d78fc7ec20a9d44e39f346

Interested to hear if they turn well.

1 Like