Equipment Thread

This gave me some laughs

Over an hour on trucks, of all things :smile:

3 Likes

Fancied trying a twin tail. Also first slick since 95ish… Obviously needed new trucks for full symmetricalness, and fresh deck and trucks also obviously require fresh wheels :grin:

Managed two pushes and an ollie this evening on a basketball court before someone came out of their house to complain, feels very nice though. Will go and find a curb to slip out of some noseslides on tomorrow

4 Likes

Presumably these will turn faster than most trucks, which will seem really impressive from a distance, but be unpleasant to actually ride yourself.

Yeah that’s stretching the “Slayer play fast but they’re shit” metaphor but there we go.

I tried one of these too. A Krooked Bobby Worrest twin slick.

Very nice slick, very durable, controllable slide…but it definitely makes the board feel heavier. I didn’t really like the twin tail shape much, it was ok but it didn’t feel like a Bobby Worrest deck, and I’ve ridden a lot of Bobby Worrest decks.

1 Like

Haha, I’m moving up to 8.25 once my 8.125 in use (and the Polar after it) are done and obviously 139’s don’t work for me. Which means new trucks too and as you say, rude not to add new wheels… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it’s noticeably heavier than my other similar sized setup (8.38 with 149s). Slides were very nice, although the first few sounded like I was ripping velcro apart. Popping regular ollies/flips with a shorter/shallower ‘nose’ def felt a bit weird at first, felt I was having to flick much harder to get a decent flip. Not fully sold on the shape yet, but nice to have a switch up.

I was on a Chris Roberts 8.5 twin tail but have gone back to my Worrest twin tail, 8.38. The Crob deck was thick and heavy, just didn’t feel right. Think my next deck might be a Polar, non twin tail board, remember riding Polar before and it had good pop.

Was going to go with Polar but ordered this deck from Ideal as I like the graphic:

Chocolate boards are shite to be fair

just got a Polar myself, expected it to feel a bit boatlike since I’m skating ventures and the general consensus has always been short wheelbase pairs up better but I’m having no issues with it even at a 14.5 wb. skates well, nice shape good pop etc. no qualms with it.

1 Like

Ok super dumb question but… which way round does the bottom bushing go on the Indy conical ones? Have I got this upside down?

Yes. Other way up

How have you even got into this situation?

No idea, first time I’ve had to deal with them just refurbing some setups out of old stuff lying around. Put them on yesterday and coming back to them today something didn’t look quite right. It’s pretty obvious now you say it

1 Like

They would be super-turny with the bottom bushings that way up. Fast to turn, slow to rebound back to centre

Just set this up with fresh Spits and fresh Reds. 8.375 Into The Wild (Daclin’s thing) with a Javi Mendizabal design. It’s slightly tapered towards towards the tail. Always had straight rails before. Let’s see how this goes!

Wheel wells, what happened to me???” Chas One :man_facepalming: :sweat_smile: :joy:

6 Likes

Looks good! My next deck has wheel wells, Polar 8.125 that I bought last summer. Looking forward to trying it and seeing how deep I can get turns going haha

Me too. Madness Sam Beckett with wheel wells

Wheel wells on an Oski football shape here.

What’s the downside of wheel wells? There’s more lean before you pinch so could affect some tricks? I’m on low trucks and get a lot of wheelbite so tempted by them. Don’t really want to change trucks or get risers pads.

I can see no downside. I think most deck companies don’t use them because it means extra work finishing the deck and raises the manufacturing cost slightly.