Equipment Thread

Possibly weaken the deck a little.

Yeah if you like to pinch for control it’s arguably worse, but if you like to turn without rubbing it’s better. I like them on a wider deck and wider trucks but under 8.5 I don’t think there’s much point.

Here’s mine. I know the rails are the wrong way round but I like em like that.

Rails look right to me - cropped off corners away from any danger of rubbing on the wheels

Yeah they’ve got markings on the underside saying they should face the other way. Seemed weird to me too.

Do you guys know about any UK SOS that stock RipTide pivot cups for Indy and would happily ship them to the continent? Ta.

These guys do them and ship to EU.

No idea what they are like though, or if they are skater owned. Looks like a side hussle from old schooler.

Would be interested to hear whether they make any difference: £14 is lot of money for a pair of pivot cups.

I can’t see how they’re making a profit on those.

1 Like

Thanks! I heard really good things about them. I’m not super stoked on the new Indys I set up yesterday, the bit of the hanger that sits in the pivot cup is slightly smaller than the plastic stock pivot cup and my trucks therefore move a bit and aren’t super solid. Barely noticeable when I’m skating I suppose but I’m 40 and can afford good pivot cups made of urethane to make trucks I’ll skate for 3 years better.

1 Like

First board with wheel wells ordered.

2 Likes

funnily enough i just set up the same board

not that fussed about the wells, was on sale and the same dimensions as my last board.

8.5 x 32.125 x 14.5wb
venture 5.6, thunder white bottom bushing/bones soft top/flat washer
think theyre heroin 101as about 52mm, was skating some dialtones but flatspotted the fuck out of them so pulled these out the spares box.
mismatch of bearings, jessup, fuck knows what bolts.

4 Likes

That’s a nice looking board

1 Like

Looks nice!

I nearly went for one of these because I fancy moving up, slightly, from an 8.25 to .5 and also it was in the sale.

Decided it was time to (finally) try a Death board instead.

1 Like

Been riding wheel wheels too…they’re good. Definitely get less wheel bite.

I’m also riding 97a Spitfires which are a bit of a revelation. Ride great on a variety of surfaces but particularly good on tarmac. Slide ok too. Worth a try.

I also have 97a Spitfires. Really good in indoor skateparks / they don’t pick up dirt and crap in damp weather. They slide when you want them to but they don’t slide out unexpectedly. I rate them

1 Like

Yeah that’s true too now you mention it! I usually end up with muck caked on the rolling surface at indoor parks and it doesn’t happen with these.

1 Like

Brazilian freestyle trucks. No kingpin. Made out of urethane.

3 Likes

I don’t need a new board but I’m tempted by this: Penny Sorry 20th 7.75" – flipskateboards

1 Like

Just got this guy through for my second/big setup… Hope my old 6.1s won’t be too flying carpety, could be a good excuse to try some aces though

4 Likes

Nice. How wide?