Equipment Thread

about 9.75 at its widest, tapers to about 9 over the trucks. Been skating an AH beach bummer prior to this, and the shape feels v similar, just a little bit narrower and longer

That’s a big old board. Aces are nice trucks, especially the new AF1s. You’d probably want Ace 66, which have a 9" axle. They do take a bit of getting used to - I found mine really turny at first but now I love them.

The 66s are not the same for the AF1s and the classics. Double check.

Yes indeed. Old 66s are wider, I think
Unknown

1 Like

cheers, gonna see how i get on with my 6.1s and some extra washers, never need too much of an excuse to buy new shit though, and wanted to try aces out for a minute

I’ve only just set up a new deck, but my finger slipped while I was nosing around the Skate Cafe site a few minutes ago…

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Always need at least one spare!

Fond of the Forest Gump movie, like that. The Warriors decks were cool too.

1 Like

It’s this kind of encouragement coming from here that helps at times like these.

I’ve still not seen The Warriors…

1 Like

Deck shape question - are there any other board brands that do the snubby shovel nose 8.5" shape that FA and Hockey have?

Love the shape, but not really feeling the £85 price tag…

Weekend/ WKND or Quasi?

Welcome?

Thanks. I will try a Quasi out

1 Like

Get it quick they’re going up to £80 soon too :grimacing:

Argh! :sweat_smile:

I have a Snack thats even more shovelly than Hockey/FA :pleading_face:

Going to get a new deck and maybe some wheels and some new bushings. No idea what yet but thinking of going up a bit from my usual 8". Quite excited. I’ll keep everyone posted.:+1:

4 Likes
4 Likes

Like the trucks one, I reckon i could call the winner before watching, still some interesting info in there (if accurate)

Currently riding Aces but thinking of going back to Thunders

How’s your Ace experience been? I spent maybe 2014-2019? solely on Thunders, 2019-2021 on Indy’s and then the last year on Venture’s. They’re fucked now, down to the axle and the pivot cup is showing through the baseplate so I figure I’m due a new set and might try Ace.