Famous people you've met who were cool / dicks

I went on a budget snowboarding trip years ago, with a few old-time UK skaters (Ian Cocking, Mon Barbour). We went by coach, and I was sitting next to a bloke with a pierced nose. I asked him what he did for a living and he said he was in a band. I said ‘what are you called?’ He said The Prodigy. I’d never heard of them. We spent the week boarding together.

1 Like

This might be only for the Scottish folks on here, but I met Glen Michael of Glen Michaels Cartoon Cavalcade - he couldn’t have been nicer and I always wanted to meet him…I was 26

I worked in a motorway service station, we had loads of famous folks in at the time, Stephen Hendry, Michelle Gayle, Katie Puckrick, Richard “I don’t believe it” Wilson, the wee squeaky one from Take That the day after they split…this was obviousley the 90’s

Prince WIlliam and Harry went in to the petrol station and didn’t have enough money for a bag of sweets, their security didn’t carry money and the boy on the counter refused to sell them to them because it wasn’t worth his job

3 Likes

How the hell did James Corden do it, such an insufferable Michael Fabricant. The mind boggles

5 Likes

The only people Reddit hates more then Corden are Presidents Putin and Xi. People who have done actual genocides.

13 Likes

HOW COULD I FORGET! I went to primary school with Cathy Barry’s kids!

I only spoke to her a few times but I remember her West Country accent being so thick that it was a bit tough to understand as a 10 year old, ha.

(If you don’t know who she is, wait until you get home to Google her.)

1 Like

Aggressive in a chubby way, like a boozy panda.

2 Likes

KRS One in the car park at work - he was lost looking for the audio studio so I took him across, was really friendly & full of thanks. Super cool.

5 Likes

Not exactly awash with celebrities round here but I was in the same class at school as opera singing pensioner heart throb Alfie Boe. He’s alright and was dead nice to my folks when they saw him after a show and said who their son was. Also Syd Little runs one of the local pubs so see him a fair bit and he’s a decent sort.

2 Likes

The thing that has surprised me most about James Corden is how often he’s used kissing straight men as a joke and gotten away with it. It’s an incredibly dated and pretty offensive form of ‘humour’ in my opinion.

2 Likes

On the flip side of British comedians being Michael’s, John Bishop once bought my mum some flowers and delivered them personally to thank her (he’d played a charity gig or something and mum had been managing backstage).

4 Likes

Anyone ever met Paul Rudd? I watched his “Hot Ones” episode yesterday, and he seems like the nicest man ever. My celebrity man-crush if I’m honest.

3 Likes

In the Gavin & Stacy days, Corden queued next to me at a bar in Cardiff (Barfly RIP) with the ventriloquist dummy guy. Offered to get them their drinks and he literally turned his back on me.

Was only trying to be friendly mate.

5 Likes

Lead singer from Europe, I said it’s like the final countdown when he entered his pin. Wasn’t stoked.

J Mascis rad.

Robert Lewellyn (sp) funny as fuck.

David Seaman sound as fuck.

Alan Shearer nothing needs to be said.

Thom Yorke bell.

Trying to think of more, had a lot of people through SS20.

Meeting Michael Bisping end of the year excited!

4 Likes

I met Adam Yauch twice - first time was randomly outside a cafe in New York in about 2002/3, I was sitting on a bench with my coffee, he came and sat next to me - we ended up talking about skating and record shops for 20 minutes. Really lovely dude.

About 5 years later I was a bit pissed in Soho with some mates and saw him on the other side of the road with a couple of other people - bowled over to him like we were old friends - obviously no chance he remembered me but very nicely put up with our bullshit for a few minutes

9 Likes

iaedvMkA1VZf

Bit gutted about Thom Yorke though.

2 Likes

I saw Patsy Palmer hurling racist abuse at a female traffic warden once.

1 Like

Yer I think he thought we were staring at his eye, but we were like that’s Thom Yorke in fucking Waitrose!

4 Radiohead dudes went to my school so not surprising.

Oh The Foals, Jack Bevan Drummer is a legend. Lead singer Yanis is pretty insufferable.

My mate was in Sainsbury’s and noticed John Barnes struggling to open a plastic bag a couple of checkouts down from him.

He went “Hey, John Barnes!” Then licked his thumb and rubbed it against his finger in the air. John Barnes successfully bagged his groceries that day.

16 Likes

That’s class from Bishop

5 Likes

The fat one from Blue that came out as gay was pretending to be a grade A fanny handler and came to the pub I worked in at uni to try and tune up lasses and sign autographs for the school girls at the bus stop opposite. He used to come in all the time with Tara Palmer Tompkinson while they were coked out of their tiny minds. She unplugged the fruitmachine in the bar to charge her phone and got told off.

His PA kept going up to the bar and ordering rounds that she paid with £50 notes. After the first one I was chatting her up a bit and she offered to buy me a drink, taking the piss i said “OK, but if he’s paying Ill get a bottle of red” and she said “sure I dont care go for it”. He then stayed for 5 more rounds so I had the fat gay fella from blue buy me a case of red wine that cost him about £300.

18 Likes