Film Thread

Everyone should see Calm With Horses if they like him, great film.

2 Likes

Fall Guy - gave up after 20 minutes

Abigail - Surprisingly good fun

Atlas - Ah Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Jennifer Lopez needs to fuck off, and keep fucking off

Watched mad max furiosa, was visually great , was OTT but fun . Not as good as fury road .

3 Likes

I watched Furiosa the other day…Really enjoyed it.
Yeah, not as good as Fury Road, but it’s pretty solid.

I just watched the new Beverly Hills Cop film. Quite good fun. Surprisingly not awful…Simple and does as you’d expect. A few good lolzz…

2 Likes

What the actual f…?!?

“The wrath of spinach” ha ha ha ha!!!

thats a fake trailer, no?

1 Like

Very, spliced scenes from Perfect Storm and Roadhouse amongst others, no idea who has the time to put this stuff together

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t know what to expect and was almost worried as I’m super into the first one and love the second and third ones but it was exactly what it should have been. The plot wasn’t exceptional but shit like Rosewood having Rambo’s knife in his office made my week. Good stuff.

Anyone know when Civil War will be available to stream?

Watched Godzilla minus one last night and
It is amazing, such a good story and effects .
Great back story too.

Glad it got an Oscar and showed up the rest of industry that spent billions on utter turds .

3 Likes

Think I preferred the previous one, thought the kamikaze thing was a bit toss. Still a good watch though

I wanted to shout “Simon says back da fuck up” in the cinema

1 Like

I think it’s available later this month, it was still at £15.99 ‘home premiere’ pricing on AppleTV last week, but I think it said it’s available to rent soon.

I didn’t want to wait so watched it this week through alternate means. Definitely worth watching after recent events. As a film it wasn’t quite what I was expecting though, I liked the ambiguity of what’s happening as seen through the eyes of the reporters, but I wished the film had explored deeper the power photo reporting has, again, especially since yesterdays ‘trump with fist’ photo. Kirsten Dunst is really great, as is Jessie Plemons, as usual

1 Like

Oh my god , so many times hahaha !

1 Like

Deadpool is fucking brilliant ! Done so well and man so so funny . Amazing cameo’s too. Almost worth it for those

2 Likes

YouTube rabbit hole led me to this masterpiece of bbc tele

5 Likes

Proper fucked up TV - It was advertised as a work of fiction but not everyone got the Radio Times that told you that, also I believe there was a mixup with the advertised times and a lot of people missed the disclaimer telling you it wasn’t real.

Also some poor lad who had mental health issues, and lived in a house with dodgy pipes, commited suicide - Ghostwatch: The BBC spoof that duped a nation - BBC News

I watched it a couple of years back, and there was a moment in it where someone on the street talking to a mildly annoying Craig Charles regaled a horrific description of a mutilated dog. Honestly, TV back then really pushed the boundaries compared to what we watch now

2 Likes

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/infamous-war-worlds-radio-broadcast-was-magnificent-fluke-180955180/

2 Likes

Same deal with this. It’s now been incorporated into so many tinfoil conspiracies, (see Montauk, Suoer soldiers, secret space program, depopulation nonsense, and on and on…), as if it’s fact. Ok, It was broadcast as part of the Science Report series which was an actual science programme but it features members of the cast of ‘Allo Allo’ ffs.

Alternative 3 - Anglia TV 1977:

have you seen the first godzilla film? would reccomend that if you haven’t
it’s a masterpiece

Are we talking the 1954 OG one or the 2014 one? So many