Film Thread

It’s the next door neighbour from Gremlins.
The dad is the husky inventor fella.

Ah yeah that’s it , the war vet neighbour. Doh

Not sure they’d get away with that now “It’s funny cos he has PTSD, lol”

1 Like

Went to the pictures today, saw Beetlejuice Beetlejuice and quite liked it, maybe because I had no expectations.
The plot is pretty weird but you should like it if you liked the first movie (which I watched at least 20 times as a kid). Good soundtrack too I thought. Winona Ryder and Micheal Keaton are amazing.

I enjoyed the new Beetlejuice but definitely felt like too many story lines going at once, especially since the first one is pretty tight. Loved Willem Dafoe in it!

SPOILER

Yeah absolutely, Geena Davis coming back as Barbara would have made more sense than Monica Bellucci playing Delores but yeah, whatever, it was fun.

1 Like

urgh, chuck in a spoiler warning.

THIS. fuckers

1 Like

Fixed. Didn’t spoil much, just name of actresses you can see on the poster really. Sorry anyway.

anyone recommend me a film to watch while I watch dinner and some painting dries?

Beverly Hills Cop

You’ve probably eaten dinner by now, but I’ve recently been filling in some gaps in my film knowledge and only watching older films I’d never seen before. Some recent watch’s

Carlito’s Way
The Thing (1982)
The Long Good Friday
Paris, Texas
Get Shorty
Scanners

And also watched Deliverance for the first time on Sunday which was great, but maybe not one to watch while you’re eating

1 Like

I’m almost all the way through the newest one.

Eddie Murphy looking so young pulls me out of the film all of the time. Madness.

1 Like

Videodrome is a weird one if you’ve not seen it

I’d actually got confused between the two, and thought I was going to watch Videodrone but it turned out to be Scanners.

The head popping scene was pretty amazing. I’ll check out Videodrone next though

1 Like

It’s mad. I watched the first 3 back to back and then went to the newest one.

They bring Taggart back from his grave (he’s supposed to have retired 30 years ago!) but Eddie Murphy looks basically the same as he did in 1994.

2 Likes

Yeah Videodrome is around the same time. They Live is good if you’ve not seen that.

1 Like

Get your groove on

If I had a woman that wanted to party all the time I’d be dead by now. Absolutely guarantee that.

1 Like

I ended up watching a shit film called plane, first thing I came to but it was perfect because I didn’t feel bad about pausing it and doing a pit more painting and then carrying on.
i’ll be doing the same tomorrow night so cheers for the recommendations

If you want a really good, but uncomfortable, watch, check out the 2022 Dutch version of Speak No Evil. Really good psychological horror.
Like a lot of horrors it leaves you a bit bummed out but if that’s your bag then :thinking:

1 Like