Film Thread

Couldn’t get passed 20 mins before I turned uncut gems off.

It’s well worth the anxiety.

It’s not that, couldn’t stand adam sandler sounding like Al Pacino and “the man takes a risk on big money with bad people with usual consequences” didn’t keep me interested.

I watched Good Times a week or so ago - similar in terms of the anxiety levels of Uncut Gems.
I enjoyed both but don’t need to watch them again…The writers are very good at just slowly turning those thumb screws.
Expect tension headaches.

Bait was amazing. Shot as a silent film (in 4:3 again) with the sound dubbed afterwards. Mark Kermode said something about how it showcases the entire history of cinema, in the way that it was made, which sounds fair.

1 Like

Enjoyed Midway more than Dunkirk but if you watch it and don’t speak Japanese make sure the version you get has subtitles.

Uncut Gems - frustrating and anxiety inducing. Very good, but won’t watch again

JoJo Rabbit - Sweet and very funny in parts but it’s not nearly as good as WWDITS or Wilderpeople.

Lady Bird - Finally watched this as my ex used to go on an on about it. Saisorse Ronan is very good isn’t she.

Anyone been to see Parasite yet? Might go alone tomorrow and see it.

Yeah parasite is amazing.
Possibly about 15 minutes too long but def worth a watch.

1 Like

Stoked. Solo mission tomorrow then.

It’s rad. Well worth seeing.

https://www.esquireme.com/content/43433-afghan-documentary-learning-to-skateboard-in-a-warzone-if-youre-a-girl-just-won-an-oscar

My other half was watching this on Friday and I saw bits of it. It looked good so I’ll def give it a go.

After Hanna though.

Went to see The Lighthouse, it’s good! Pretty messed up, leaves a salty taste in the mouth

Just got back from seeing it. What a trip.

Two of the guys I was with didn’t like it, they just thought it was well acted nonsense. I thought it was brilliant - just the right side of weird. Both actors are exceptional

1 Like

Is Parasite better than The Handmaiden?

I thought the Handmaiden was a masterpiece, the story, the music and the visuals were perfect.

1 Like

They’re very different films but I preferred Parasite myself, I just thought it was much more original.

1 Like

Edit BaF already mentioned it, winning an Oscar.

Yep one of my all time favourites

Saw 1917 twice and fucking hell, what a spectacle!
Hyped to see The Lighthouse at The Curzon this Sunday.