Film Thread

I watched the new Invisible Man film this morning.
Actually pretty good…

I just watched the Joker.

It weirdly felt a lot like Requiem for a Dream with the crazy mum and the TV show. Both set in NY well Gotham.

It was ok not as good as I was expecting.

3 Likes

I fell asleep towards the end and I’ve not got round to rewatching it yet. Safe to say I wasn’t gripped by Joaquin Phoenix’s performance in the same way that lots of people were, not that it was bad or anything but it didn’t feel extraordinary.

2 Likes

Same. Not a fan of that ‘universe’, but this was being sold as a 21st Century Taxi Driver and it looked like it was going to be amazing so actually went to the cinema for it. Ended up feeling a bit like a movie you’d flick to on the TV and not switch off, but not really watch either.

2 Likes

Yeah really wasn’t that good.

Honestly preferred the Nolan Batman trilogy and Heath Ledger as the joker although I understand you can’t really compare.

1 Like

Thanks, found the “trumotion” setting. Got home from work and kids are watching Attack of the clones and it looked bonkers so sorted it, can’t be doing with that shite. nice one peeps.

TV I bought recently had loads of ‘features’ enabled by default, each one of them contributing to screwing everything up in their own ways.
Off, off, off, off, apply to all inputs… done.

Signed up for the Disney+ trial.
Logged into app on TV and then on SKY box.
Mandelorian on LG TV app, 4K HDR.
On 4k capable SKY box, HD.

First two episodes only :-1:

:+1:

Ghost Stories is on BBC2 right now if you fancy getting creeped out.

The Paul Whitehouse one really got me

Watched it again, it’s a good un. I also went to the stage version which has different stories, some massive jump scares in that

Yeah! I went to see the play. It’s almost exactly the same story, no? Thats how I remember it…but god damn, that live one was so much creepier.

A friend of mine left halfway through…couldn’t handle it.
(It wasn’t that scary, though!)

I think some of the stories were different but I can’t really remember, I do remember my hair (what’s left of it) standing up at some point, well scary. (well, fairly scary!)

It didn’t help that they locked you in the room, either. Once the play started, you weren’t allowed to leave (and if you did, no re-entry). Kinda ramped up the claustrophobia…

1 Like

Wish I’d seen the stage version (despite working in theatre I don’t go to nearly as much as I should). I’m always intrigued as to how horror works in stage when you can’t rely on cuts and editing.

Just watched The Invisible Man film with Elizabeth Moss It was well good.

Shame she’s a Scientologist but whatever.

Watching The Death of Stalin on Netflix. It’s fucking funny.

5 Likes

Watched training day last night. Never seen it. I really liked it. Might watch midnight run for the millionth time tonight

1 Like

Sat through Just Mercy on Saturday night.
Really good.
Fucking heavy…but well worth the time.

Might watch First Blood tonight.

1 Like