Film Thread

These come to mind:

Elijah wood is surprisingly developing a strong collection of interesting horror roles

https://youtu.be/_PITkX6Ymqo

And I love these (obviously I’m a big Jeremy Saunier fan):

3 Likes

Velvet Buzzsaw could be up your street, too

Quite tempted to watch this, for a bit of cheesy horror comedy.

Forgot about this one. Its amazing.

This was amazing and mental.

1 Like

absolutely love this film. what a laugh!

1 Like

I remember hearing about this as being a feminist approach to the rape-revenge genre. Haven’t seen it but the whole rape revenge idea (I spit on your grave etc) always seems a bit too dark a premise to enjoy

Not when she fucks up her attackers :slight_smile:

Can’t recommend Wake In Fright enough. It will be right up your street based on that list. Australian extreme heavy drinking and existential dread in the outback. And features Donald Pleasance!

1 Like

Wind River and Snowtown too. But not on date night.

2 Likes

You might like Kill List.

6 Likes

Spoilers:

It’s also one of those rare films where the ‘baddies’ win.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s definitely realistic.

1 Like

Ah I’d completely forgotten to put Wake in Fright on my list! Seen it a couple of year ago and absolutely loved it, Totally the kind of thing I’m looking for :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kill list is so hard to watch.

And it ends so weird, no closure at all by the credits

Yeah the ones I mentioned you can watch again.

Eden Lake is a bit hard for a second watch though.

I’m watching the Snyder Cut. It’s so dumb.

It’s also 4 hours long. I’ve had it on all evening and it’s still not over

Just watched the trailer for it, it looks like a cheap computer game. Seems pretty odd that DC would shoot their load with 3 of their most famous villians after 5 or 6 films.

I wonder if their thinking is that by going straight to streaming they can basically set up a bunch of new films and introduce a load of characters without too much expense.

It’s odd that they added a new Uber villain in the form of Darkseid (essentially thanos) thus making the villain from the first version not the actual bad guy. Plus, the jokers in there too.

It’s so CGI heavy it’s unbearable at some points. And any improvements that have been made over the first film are negated by so, so many completely unnecessary additions. No film, let alone a comic book film, needs to have a 4 hour run time.