Film Thread

I think that’s why something like the first Raid film worked so well, because in the fight scenes you could see everyone getting more and more worn out and beaten. It gives the fights much more of an edge because you actual feel that if the protagonist stops fighting, they’ll die.

2 Likes

Not watched Ong Bak for many years but that has some memorable fights. A lot of cuts but a fair bit of action :grin:

1 Like

I love the scene when he takes a pull from the goons cigarette haha

Riders of Justice 8/10

Hyped

1 Like

Ah yeah! Thank fuck they ditched Affleck. This might erase the disappointment of The Joker. I guess that’s the next match up after Batman deals with Riddler and Penguin in this one.

Watched Old the other day.

Shit.

Which old one? 60’s, 80’s, 90’s or 00’s?

Sorry, thought you were talking about old Batman

Dune been out 4 days and no mentions? Nothing?
UK skate forum, you’re blowing it.

Going next week, if I can get enough sleep to sit through 2.5hrs in a warm dark room

Late to the party, but just watched and enjoyed the new James Bond (even though in general I’m not into Bond films). Felt kinda meta-Bond. Trying to purge and possibly absolve an inherently “toxic” character. Whatever, was deffo entertaining!

Looking forward to Dune, although I’ve heard mixed reviews.

I just got back from it. I knew very little about the novel beforehand and never watched the Lynch version. I was struck by how insanely orientalist the new film is.

Just reading now about how Herbert wrote the book as a critique of imperialism. Can totally see that but the film definitely employs the mysterious east trope heavily in its depiction of the Fremen.

All that said, I enjoyed it. Probably over hyped, but it’s generally a sign of a good movie if it leaves you with a lot of ideas.

1 Like

Watched Loveless last night. Grim, but gripping.

Watched Flight of the Navigator with my daughter last night. The effects show their age but she loved it.

4 Likes

Oh man that was one of my favourites as a kid. I tried watching that again a couple of years ago. It really bummed me out, it wasn’t as I remembered it at all.

2 Likes

Last day of school we had film day in the cool TV room and we had The last starfighter one year then Flight of the navigator the next. We were blown away.
Edit: actually that can’t be right as Flight release was 1987 and i’d have been too old. Last Starfighter date checks out though.

1 Like

The killer for was was watching through a parents eyes and seeing the state of his parents when he rocks up 8 years later after being declared dead. Choker!

2 Likes

OOF, absolutely

Watched the Last Black Man in San Francisco at the weekend (on Netflix). Very odd film, made even stranger by the fact that Daewon and Andy Roy are in it!

1 Like

I thought that film was so good.
Really beautifully shot, too.