Film Thread

Really want this to be good

1 Like

I think it looks shit, and I can’t work out from what viewpoint we are meant to be taking on this.

Are we looking at something that would have been through Andy’s eyes? Is this Buzz’s dream or pre-programming that we’re seeing? Is this trailer meant to completely throw us off?

The direction that they’re taking with this is pretty odd.

I think it’s supposed to be a film about the human (in the Pixar universe) that the Buzz action figure (in the Pixar universe) was based on.

It’s confusing though as it implies it’s set in the future but Toy Story was set in current day

It’s the show the toy is based off.

2 Likes

Gonna check this out tonight if it’s still on thanks

You know films can be set in the future, right? I’m just messing, I get what you mean, it is confusing at first. It’s like Elliott showing E.T the Star Wars toys, then them making Star Wars because of that. So I’m guessing we are watching the same film Andy saw too? It looks like a Buzz origin story. Heavy on the Pixar sentimental stuff too.

Yeah what’s confusing about it? In Toy Story, Buzz was a character from a movie… This is that movie.

It’ll probably be shit, but I really want to enjoy it. Toy Story was my jam when I was a kid, I was exactly the perfect age when it came out.

Oh, I thought this was a film about a human astronaut called Buzz that Buzz the toy is based on? So this is just the movie the toy is based on?

It’s Pixar. It’ll be sick.
And I’m sure they’ll fit it all nicely into the timeline so everything is canon.

3 Likes

Innit! Found it really odd that everybody thinks it’ll be shit when Pixar have never put out a bad film.

2 Likes

Apparently the plot of a childrens animated film has really confused me

3 Likes

Maybe they should have thought about their marketing a little better, no?

1 Like

Maybe I was being too harsh on it yesterday. I still find it a bit of an odd thing to make.
To be clear I adore Toy Story and have done since I was 6 or 7, saw all the films in the cinema, wrote my name on the bottom of my Woody’s boot, etc, etc.

I really disliked Toy Story as a kid. Will have to watch it again.

I have an irrational hate for digital animation which I believe started with Toy Story.

After growing up with the hand drawn animation from Disney and Don Bluth (An American Tail is a banger) i really hated the digital style.

I guess that’s why Ghibli is so popular.

1 Like

I have a rational hate for digitally animated versions of films that were hand drawn and executed perfectly before, it just seems like a cynical cash grab exercise even if they are executed well.

1 Like

Toy Story 3 made me cry (the bit where they’re all about to descend into a swirling fiery oblivion and seem to accept their death with dignity and friendship + hold hands)

1 Like

Pixar are extremely good at pulling on the old heart strings. That montage in Up which outlines the relationship of Carl and his wife is devastating.

3 Likes

Toy story 4 still annoys me.
Totally unecessary.

1 Like

I like Toy Story 4. However, they kind of brush over what happened to Bo. Which in turn made Pixar make the “Lamp Life” spin off, which I think is brilliant and so does my son.