Film Thread

Yeah, I thought Resurrection was okay. Not amazing but a good enough premise to start a new trilogy.

Donā€™t Look Up is really good, having seen posts to the opposite, clocking in at over two hours, it flew byā€¦ apart from two or three scenes that felt forced, the rest was great. Some proper ā€˜lolsā€™ moments Why would he charge them for something thatā€™s free!?! Hahaā€¦. The idiots are in-charge!

4 Likes

Yeah I really liked it. Johnah Hill plays such a good dickhead.

5 Likes

I also really enjoyed Donā€™t Look Up, I donā€™t have a bad word to say about it.

Leo is such a brilliantly versatile actor, and Iā€™ve got all the time in the world for JLaw, Jonah and Meryl.

5 Likes

Credits rolling on it now. It was probably written in a few hours but 5 stars from me.

Canā€™t remember exactly what it was but one of the lyrics of Arianna Grandes song was the stand out highlight. Something along the lines of we should back peer reviewed science or something like that.

4 Likes

Just finished Donā€™t look up myself. Really enjoyed it. Loved the synchronised look up LDC and JL do in the first meeting in the Oval Office haha. Quite a few funnies in there, felt very futile. Rylance acted a psycho. Probably where weā€™re at now, few hundred years and itā€™ll be like Idiocracy or Wall E if a meteor doesnā€™t hit and wipe us out in the meantime.

Fuck, scratch that, 50 at a push for idiocracy.

@Mike @Les_Zeppelin @KeithBeef @voodoo did you all stick around for the post credits scene?

1 Like

Yeah (nice long set up for that gag) and thereā€™s actually a post, post credits scene too.

1 Like

Ah yes! Was referring to both of them.

1 Like

@voodoos donā€™t forget too like and subscribe :wink:

Also when they are holding it together at the dinner table (Leo and his family and friends)ā€¦ oof!

1 Like

Haha, missed the post-post credits, it was well past my bedtime, just seen now though :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Iā€™m pleased that someone else has mentioned this.

Dunno if itā€™s that Iā€™m so far tuned out from modern music but the whole first part and the rap were largely unintelligible to me (blah,blah,blah)ā€¦ then she delivers the message. Outstanding.

Look up, what heā€™s really trying to say
Is get your head out of your ass
Listen to the goddamn qualified scientists
We really fucked it up, fucked it up this time
Itā€™s so close, I can feel the heat big time
And you can act like everything is alright
But this is probably happening in real time
Celebrate or cry or pray, whatever it takes
To get you through the mess we made
'Cause tomorrow may never come

3 Likes

Ha yeah same here. Ariana Grande can fucking sing though. Ridiculously well.

I missed the last after credits scene, will have to go back for it

1 Like

Just seen the new Spider Man. A bit too long, but lots of fun. 8/10 for me.

They did a good job of balancing all the metaverse characters (though I do wish theyā€™d left Electro out as heā€™s arguably the worst villain from any of the films imo), and seeing both Toby and Andrew back in the costume was a nice touch. Iā€™d tried really hard to avoid seeing spoilers online but despite knowing what was coming, it was still fun. Lots of little Easter eggs throughout as well. Some of the jokes felt a bit forced and I wish Goblin had more screen time but with that many characters Iā€™m surprised they pulled it off as well as they did.

1 Like

Yep, thatā€™s pretty much it. Definitely up at the top of the pile of Spiderman movies after Spiderverse. Managed to avoid all the spoilers for the most part, other than seeing a couple of giveaway set photos of one actor, but yeah, other wise, a neat wrap-up for the other films and a good segway for Dr Strange, What If and Miles Morales further down the line.

Well interested in thisā€¦if anyone has a dodgy link.

Made the mistake of watching The Nightingale. Really strong filmmaking but a grim watch and properly killed the New Yearā€™s Day buzz.

1 Like

Well, I just watched Ghostbusters Afterlife and thought it was really good.

Stoked.

It pulled a little bit of a Force Awakens but whatever. Lotta fun.

1 Like

Watched this the other day and thought it was really good. Great lighting, editing and camera work. I just wish it was about 5/10 mins longer to dive a bit deeper into certain story beats!