Film Thread

Watching the Eternals and cant stop noticing it jump between “widescreen” and “normal”.

Some shots have the black bars at the top and bottom and others dont and I cant work out why

I watched a horror which moved very, very slowly from widescreen to standard and it made the whole thing really fucking intense. It slowly ramped it up…amazing use of the formats.

1 Like

What was it?

2 Likes

Loved this film

1 Like

That sounds like such a great idea for horror. Can totally see how it would make things more intense. Saw a similar thing in this canadian film (“Mommy”), where the majority is in standard and then there’s a moment where it suddenly slides out to widescreen. Really felt surprising and dramatic when it happened.

Overall I thought the film was pretty good. Maddest thing about it is deffo the quebecois-french accent.

Was it filmed in Imax? tends to do that if it was, If there’s no bars top and bottom that’s the Imax format. Supposed to be big and flashy and that and usually used for big action scenes. I really noticed it when watching Dunkirk. Seems alright if you want to pay over the odds for your cinema ticket

2 Likes

Listen to DarthPunk, he’s right. It’s the same on either Infinity War and/or End Game as well, and I think some of the Dark Knight trilogy and Interstellar.

1 Like

Watched The Fugitive last night and Primal Fear tonight.

Fuck me they knew how to make proper films in the 90s.

5 Likes

Absolute banger.

3 Likes

I’ve seen it parodied so much I thought I’d seen it before. Outstanding.

When you say ‘shall we watch a film?’ … That is a film.

1 Like

It was a 60’s TV show first… I used to watch the re-runs of it as a kid. So rare when a TV show makes a good film too.

1 Like

Didn’t Will Smith do a follow up that was also quite good?

Enemy of The State was Will Smith movie.

US Marshall’s was sequel to the fugitive.

2 Likes

Enemy of the state was a ‘sort of’ sequel to The Conversation.

1 Like

Harrison Ford had some absolute bangers in the early 90’s.

Patriot Games back to back with The Fugitive

1 Like

Tony Scott has made some absolute bangers hasn’t he.

RIP

1 Like

Enemy of The State gets brought up with no Jason Lee mention?

Just happened there.

Mentioning it wasn’t mentioned after the fact, isn’t the same thing really.