Financial/Investments thread

Will most likely not be accessible to anyone other than him.

I’m sure he could pay some teenager in a market £10 to unlock his harddrive if he finds it.

Yeah unless it’s encrypted like the other guys is.

I think if you’re the type to throw away something worth a lot of money, you probably aren’t the type to go in for next-lev asymmetric encryption. Probably just in a folder marked ‘My stuff’ protected by ‘pa55word’.

1 Like

At the time he threw it away it was probably worth a very little but yeah. Doubtful it’s encrypted.

It was worth £4.6 million when he threw it away. It tells you in the story.

TLDR.

I’ll find a meme of it for you.

3 Likes

Anyone want to buy some dogecoin?

1 Like

Had a tonne of it on an old laptop which broke and was thrown away. No idea the value but me and mate got some years ago and we’re trying to mine it. Could have been worth a lot since it was possibly worth so so little when we were fucking about.

I’ll trade you some Gamestop stocks for it

What do folks here do to buy and sell crypto? Planning to put a small amount into a few different coins for shits and giggles.

Use either Coinbase (Pro - it’s the same login with greatly reduced fees), or Binance.

I’m sitting on some XRP at the moment. Also have some Swissborg which is currently about 30% up (but you can only buy it through their app).

Interface on Binance can be baffling. Get yourself through some how to videos on YouTube on how to use both as well

I’m £4000 up at the moment on ethereum after buying in January. It’s incredibly volatile though, crypto seems like it’s worth the punt though.

Also got xrp and cardano.

I tried to get started using Kraken instead of Coinbase as everyone said the fees were terrible. But it crashed every time I tried to do the KYC bit so I just gave up. I might try Coinbase after all.

I want to just regularly save a small percentage in ETH and BTC, just to see what happens.

I guess this is what press releases call ‘an exciting partnership’.

Skateboarding x Mortgage Brokerage, yo!

1 Like

They should hold it at house skatepark

3 Likes

Dechuna’s gonna get a sick interest rate out of this

6 Likes

Anyone here use Coinbase? How tf do you convert money to USD to invest on exchanges?