Football Thread

Friendlies do seem a bit stupid with everything going on, squads traveling for a game of footie that means absolutely nothing.

4 Likes

International tournaments just seem like a spectacularly bad idea. I realise not doing qualifying now means no tournament next year but that’s fine. It’s really stupid

They’ve already qualified haven’t they? As it was supposed to be this year

No clue I got a bit lost

Ings :heart_eyes:

Ings.

1 Like

I almost switched the game off mid way through the first half.
England have stepped it up in the second half.

Is Ampadu still a Chelsea player? He’s not looked great.

Apparently on loan from Chelsea to Sheffield Utd.

slotted in very nicely for us at CB the other week, looks a quality player tbh

Bias aside (sort of), I fucking love Conor Coady. Level of passion and professionalism he brings is unreal. Made up for him, really comes across as a top bloke.

3 Likes

yeah absolutely tip-top pro, wish we could’ve had him at blades for longer !

1 Like

HesGoal it is then!

1 Like

How much?!

Apparently going directly to the clubs. My view of it - if you’re already a Sky Sports/BT Sports customer who also go’s to the games - although I think it’s a bit steep to watch it on the TV, £15 per game is a damned sight cheaper than £35/£40 per game at the ground. As you’ve already accepted the previous cost you were paying…

But if you’re not, and you’re someone who lives off freeview or doesn’t have a tele. Getting a basic sky package + sky sports + bt sport + Amazon prime + PPV games is a bit of an ask…

1 Like

No argument from me. They need to be clearer that the money is going to the clubs as that may get more people on board. Given the nature of my job it’s been a hot topic of conversation for the last hour and even if there has to be a cost the way it’s being delivered could of been much better.

1 Like

Let’s just hope HesGoal has enough bandwidth to cope with the huge influx of streams…

1 Like

Surely they’re already used to it from 3pm Saturday games

1 Like

Chuck in an extra 30,000+ (minimum) that would be at the ground though…

Oh yeah.

I wonder if a global Premier league streaming site would be more lucrative than the network model now. I’d pay a tenner a month for it for sure. No chance in hell I’m ever getting sky or BT sport though, let alone both. They could still run ads on live games too.

2 Likes