Football Thread

I think it was one of those where it only looked it in slow motion, the “clue” as Howard Webb would say was that the contact was enough to make the defender fall to the floor.

But as you said such a poor penalty.

1 Like

who knew Gareth southgate inspired a new penalty taking technique, never a penalty but possibly one of the worst penalties ive ever seen

england ladies need to learn how to stop giving away possession constantly. you can get away with it against the shit teams but last night they were fucking awful

1 Like

Think it was mush who mentioned it at the last England match - if we made the same mistakes we’d get done, well we made the mistakes and lost, no surprise. The penalty was just stupud

They honesty watched and chased the ball. Didn’t look up to see where the oppositions players were taking up positions and try to cut out/break down the move. Just chased the ball, then suddenly they’ve passed the ball over to that side with no marker, quick, chase, chase, chase, that gets tiring fast, with very little reward most of the time.

1 Like

the way its being reported or so ive been hearing today is that it was close and we were unlucky. i must have watched a different game, all i saw was piss poor marking, terrible passing and ball retention and 11 players running round like headless chickens.

i have heard somewhere though i forget where that any negative media about or around the team has been banned, not sure how true that is but its fucking tragic if it is true… from what i heard so far today it seems more and more likely

also i dont agree with the red card. she actually won the ball, her foot was on the ball how is that a second yellow, it was clear as day on the replay, she was never out of control and won the ball. i tackle like that all the time??

i was a big fan of VAR after the last world cup and thought it was a joke it wasnt in premier league last season. i dont know what theyve done but its fucking terible now and i cant stand it. they seem to go to it for everything and take fucking ages doing it

Rafa gone, Perez to the Foxes £30mil. The Toon are fucked, need this takeover so badly now.

Guess the world Cup is over now, this match and the final are dry

This household had the England v Sweden issue in the men’s world cup last year.
Turned out to be the cleanest match of the tournament, while still being an interesting game to watch.
There’s still some fun to be had watching it.
USA will clean out either of these two teams but have already played Sweden once.

Agreed. I’m going 4-0 final

So Messi got a red card tonight for basically being on the receiving end of professional shithouse Gary Medel squaring up to him…

Both got sent off for this :thinking:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzlsMYChM0p/?igshid=114p68rojbmve

fantasy league is back up, who was admin for the n26 league last year?

let me know if you’re not bothering with it & i’ll do a new league, if not will wait for you to renew it !

2 Likes

I’m playing Fantasy Premier League in a league called N26 Championship 2019. Why not join me?

The code to join this league is: 9qqx2l

Enjoy the game!

I’ll sign up closer to the start of the season so I can carry on my usual trend of packing my team full of exciting new signings that will do sweet F A for the first 2 months.

Ex Makem manager Steve Bruce is the new Toon manager.

Surely that hasn’t actually happened. Premier league suicide if true

1 Like

Not fucking yet he isn’t.

How do failures like Bruce keep getting job offers?

To be fair, back when the championship was physical and required very little finesse he promoted a lot of teams. Unfortunately football has now moved on and he’s a complete dinosaur

Now hiring a new club captain.

There had been rumours he’d been asking to be allowed a free transfer back to France this summer