Football Thread

Agnelli just resigned as well :popcorn:

Great Squires cartoon this week.

3 Likes

Henderson and TAA posted this across their social media:

Hats off to them!

Is Jose going to be offered his job back then?

I fucking hope not!

Be harsh to get rid of Ryan Mason so quickly, he’s led Spurs to go further in this tournament than Chelsea and City!

1 Like

All six English clubs have withdrawn now. Oof! What a new coke moment, haha!

2 Likes

Thia whole thing was just… mad. How could this have happened ffs. Its genuinely nuts it got this far.

Will it all be forgotten about in a few weeks time? I suspect it probably will.

Well that was fun. Whole thing is going to get swept under the rug now

It’s exposed the club owners for what they really are and it’s a shame that people will sort of forget that in a fairly short time.

2 Likes

This made me do a light chuckle

3 Likes

It also shows how superior the German model is, their ticket prices are significantly lower as when I last saw a comparison anyway.

1 Like

5 Likes

Not a chance. As soon as fans are back in the grounds there will be chants, banners and boo’s at every game played against one of “The Big 6”.

Their legacies are forever tarnished by this and rightly so IMO.

Sidenote: I was on a video call first thing this morning with my boss and 2 French guys from a new client of ours. We started talking football as a bit of an ice breaker and they asked us who we supported. My boss is an Arsenal fan, so for the first 10 minutes they just took the piss out of him!
He managed to claw it back by talking about how much he loved Wenger, Henry and Viera - haha!

4 Likes

This is the important part though, it’s against the owners, not the clubs. So I hope to see the big 6 fans themselves standing up against them as ultimately IF there is punishment for any of the clubs it’s the fans that will suffer. The cynic in me thinks there won’t be any punishment as now it’s over the governing body’s won’t want to rock the boat.

1 Like

I think you’ll find it was the owners and not the players, managers or fans that did this. Players, managers and fans that were great and did not back it! Owners come and go and in no way represent the history of a lot of these clubs. I think that needs remembered. Let’s keep some preservative here, before people go around acting all pious talking about legacies that are forever tarnished by this. Their legacies will be that players, fans and managers stood shoulder to shoulder with every other club and fan to help stop this! Thank you!

*Edit: Sorry @tomgnargore I’ve just noticed that it must seem like I’m always replying to you, like it’s something personal. It’s not, just that you raise interesting points and debates. I’m just replying to them and not having a go or dig at anything. It’s purely pub chat.

1 Like

5 Likes

Yeah for a bit. It will be a distant memory in only a few months.

What the utter fuck were these people thinking? It feels like something dreamed up by a small child.

Juts dipping back into this thread after a long mute.

This is very true.

Agree les, will be chip wrapper by next week.