Football Thread

I read last night, City have already been given the all clear to resume their Champions League run this season and told they’ll be no problems with their involvement next season too. So it sounds like UEFA just want the whole thing forgotten about and to move on as quickly as possible themselves. The season is almost over then we have the Euros (where a few thousand fans will be allowed back into stadiums).
There is going to be a lot going on between now and next season, so I can see how some people think this will fade into the background fast.

And this was how Perez justified starting the Super League yesterday, that he was actually standing up for the fans and giving them the games between the best teams. I actually agree with him on that, that the CL should not be diluted. It will turn into the Europa League if they’re not careful.

definitely.

sorry @anon83623327, Grealish sat in a Supreme hat again

1 Like

Hahahahaha :raised_hands:t2:

The Bale goal was nice :+1:

Wow.

Such a soft penalty that.

Offside phew

That shouldn’t have been a penalty but how the fuck was that offside

yeah both truly awful decisions !

enjoying the helicopter noise on the game plus the fireworks earlier

1 Like

Christ that was boring. Decent win though.

2 Likes

I love your posts after Everton games.

1 Like

:joy: I keep telling myself I won’t bother watching any more but it’s just so dull but I can’t seem to stay away. I guess that’s just being a fan ha

1 Like

This should be a cricket score, Liverpool being so wasteful. If they don’t put it to bed soon you could see Newcastle nicking something…

2 Likes

Wilson coming on now… liverpool need a second ASAP.

Jota today is summing up why he was sold from Wolves. Causes lots of problems but can be very wasteful. Difference is at Liverpool he can afford to miss a few as he’ll get plenty of chances, whereas at Wolves it would of been 1 or 2 depending on the opposition.

2 Likes

100%. Jota was essentially replaced by Neto who was already in the squad. Only thing I’d argue is that Jota could play the 9 role to cover Raul being injured. But hindsights a wonderful thing right?

1 Like

Saint Maximin is so entertaining to watch. Hell of a player.

1 Like

Knew it! Wait what?!

So harsh that

Whatever happened to ‘deliberate handball’?