Football Thread

Players, particularly English ones, who go to a club, don’t play but decide to remain there for several years are the worst. The equivalent of the ageing pro skater that won’t retire. Delph, Drinkwater at Chelsea, Rodwell at Sunderland (the absolute worst). They have no ambition to play regular football and are happy to just sit on their arse and take the salary.

1 Like

quite interested to see if wilder can get ravel morrison playing well, pretty sure he wouldn’t have signed him if not & given he consistently manages to eke out extra from players i thought were complete shite it could go well

The thing with Delph is he seems to have the utmost trust paid to him from every manager he’s worked under, especially Pep and Southgate. There must be something behind the scenes that we don’t see that means he earns that trust and proves his value.

With Drinkwater, it’s not his fault a team overpaid for him and then doesn’t use him. I still think he could go somewhere else and do a decent job but I don’t see why you’d deliberately give yourself a wage-cut and a step down in terms of prestige just for some noble cause of playing football. I know if a company in my field headhunted me to do less work for three times the money and a level , I’d do it. Then again, I have no passion for my job.

Rodwell I agree with you completely, though. Absolute wasteman.

1 Like

suprised anyone willing to give ravel morrison another chance, hope he takes it and doesnt end up being another nile ranger.

any news on what andy carroll is doing? curious to see where he ends up

It’s official Steve Bruce is the new Newcastle manager, oof.

Carroll, Sturridge, Welbeck…

Not heard anything on any of them yet!

wow. imagine prying a manager away from another club just to cement your relegation. i hope newcastle drop and wednesday somehow manage promotion, the feels would be real

1 Like

Did you watch the City documentary on Amazon? Delph was definitely one of the few players that was happy to speak his mind in the dressing room. Maybe managers like that and that’s why they respect him.

Fuck off Steve Bruce.

Looking forward to the Championship next season.

1 Like

I can’t deal with this man, Im scraping Toon Army of my foot, I’ve had enough.

I hear he took three time less money than Rafa, his negotiations skills sound amazing for a manager, haha.

1 Like

i hated Bruce as a manager. he’s a dinosaur. every player looked so miserable

1 Like

I’m watching the Newc vs Wolves match right now.

Only pre-season obviously but Newcastle just look so poor. Maybe Wolves just look really good. Either way, it’s 3-0 to Wolves and only 55 mins gone…

United have an early goal against Leeds.

if thats real it is horrific

Oh it’s real…

oh my days that is an abomination

that is shocking. how embarrassed would you be as a player to be wearing that