Football Thread

Seems like they were doing fine until the red card.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I often daydream about if we had won :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Still can’t work out why last night against Poland, Ibrahimovic was left on the bench until Sweden were 2-0 down with 12 mins of normal time remaining. Daft decision.

1 Like

Genius.

1 Like

So, England, Iran, USA and Scotland/Wales/Ukraine at the World Cup, should be favourites to get out of the group surely?

USA vs Iran could be juicy, they aren’t exactly friends…

5 Likes

It’s coming home!

2 Likes

They played each other in the WC in 1998, Iran winning 2-1.

1 Like

Ah, so they did, the old ‘give the yanks some flowers’ match, wonder if they’ll do it this time?

1 Like

1 Like

4 Likes

Don’t wanna talk about the weekend.

1 Like

Everton going down?

Lampard was never gonna fix their problems.

Nine games to go so it’s nowhere near over yet BUT our next five games are United, Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea and Leicester again.

Extremely worrying times.

As a fan of a club who have been like 8th or whatever for 30 years straight, isn’t it at least a little bit more exciting to have something to play for at the end of a season?

1 Like

Not really no.

Just scary.

3 Likes

Yeah, you definitely want to know your club is safe in the Premier League and it’s money, look how many clubs have gone down and expected to bounce back up but it just didn’t happen (like Middlesbrough and Sunderland, just thinking about the North East alone).

2 Likes

If we go down then in our current state I just can’t see us coming back up for a long time. All of our ‘best’ players will leave and we’ll be stuck in and around the play-offs for years.

Time for DCL to step the fuck up over the next nine games.

I wonder if the club have ever considered bringing back Sigurdsson? I’m guessing not.

Yer whatever happened with that in the end?