Football Thread

Because CR7.

1 Like

Classic knuckleball free kick, it barely spun in the air. Yep, maybe Krul should’ve done better, but the hype is about Ronaldo eking out a victory for Man Utd (when they probably didn’t deserve it) with a match-winning hat trick. Ticks a lot of “dramatic” boxes.

Could easily just talk about how bad United are, but Liverpool are taking full advantage and playing some unreal stuff here. Thiago absolutely running the show too.

1 Like

The state of Bruno Fernandes in the first half mooching back toward his goal to defend a corner was more like a naughty kid being called over to his teacher about to give out to him.

Can’t fathom what’s going on with the vast majority of Man Utd players - good individuals, but no team. Both Tuchel and Klopp were saying they were expecting Rangnick to turn stuff around, but seems like RR has been hog-tied from the start.

Thiago Alacantara in particular was a treat to watch.

Game was over after the first half. Better start to the second half from United - had Liverpool rattled for a bit. Then the third goal killed them.

Penandez is a rat. Fuck that slimey prick.

1 Like

Massive game for the Toon tonight Palace at home. We have a stinking run in. If we get to 40 points, we had 5 when Howe took over (38 currently as drawing 0-0 with Palace) and not won in first 14 games, that has to be manager of the season candidate.

Bruno needed to settle and Tripps got injured quite quickly. So it was only Burn, Targett and Wood in the team straight away consistently.

What a fucking achievement. 13 points ahead of Burnley currently, I would say we are safe.

2 Likes

What the actual fuck. Miggy amazing goal, defended great last 20 mins.

This table for us would have been unimaginable at Xmas.

Eddie manager of the year straight up. We’ll finish a few places lower I think. Pissed off Everton drew, they’ll scrape it. Burnley, Watford and Norwich sunk.

2 Likes

Yeah deffo manager of the year, insane turnaround

Spent those billions fairly well so far

2 Likes

We only spent ÂŁ90million in Jan. Thats hardly excessive when Chelsea spent that on Lukaku :joy_cat:

1 Like

Haha yeah that’s what I meant soz, you recruited pretty well

Blades getting a new owner, same guy who also bid for Toon

1 Like

Who is that?

Henry Mauriss

Sounds like a good game this. (Insert Ronaldo holding United back joke here)

Yeah it’s been a great match so far. Commentators have been talking about some soft decisions but I think it’s all been spot on so far. Second Arsenal goal was offside BUT it was a pen just before and VAR did it’s job.

Some awful defending from both teams but especially United. Can’t see this one endearing 2-1.

We are 9th what the actual fuck.

2 Likes

Van de Beek quote ageing real nice.

Fuck. We are going down.

It’ll be years before we ever get back up.

Fat sigh.

As funny for me as it would be to see you go down for the memes, I genuinely hope you don’t. Burnley deserve to go down for sacking Dyche, barring any behind the scenes twattery he might’ve done that hasn’t been published or I’ve missed, and no Merseyside Derby will be a genuine loss for both sets of fans and it’s always a spicy game for neutrals. Football would be genuinely poorer for its loss.

You actually didn’t play too badly in spells, especially in the early part of the second half, and you exposed what I see as our principle weakness which is frustration at 0-0. We’re great at chasing a deficit or after scoring ourselves, but at 0-0 we seem to be so fragile and on edge. Origi and Diaz were imperious when they came on and were ultimately the deciding element. Some of the refereeing decisions sucked as well. Why Gordon was booked for diving and Richarlison wasn’t (in fact, thought he was lucky to stay on the pitch after kicking out at Hendo, even though he made a meal of it), I thought the Matip challenge should’ve been a penalty for you as well. Could’ve been a different story and I think 2-0 is a complimentary result for us compared to how we played. Certainly if you’d played like that every week before now you wouldn’t be in the bottom 3.

2 Likes

Completely. Even if they stay up, it’s an utter disgrace that Dyche was sacked after all he’s done there.

As for todays game. I expected us to concede at least 4/5 so 2-0 is not too bad really. We are so poor going forward and can’t finish. Doucoure and Gordon had chances and yeah it did look like a pen. Also thought it was pretty mad that Mane stayed on the pitch after the eye/nose poke during all the handbags. Then again, even with 10 men I would have expected Liverpool to win. The gap between to two teams has never been greater and it looks like it’s just going to get even bigger sooner rather than later.

1 Like

I’m really surprised (from my perspective) that there doesn’t seem to have been any sort of protest movement against your ownership and board members. The direction from them has been woeful since you were taken over. Is that just that it’s not been widely supported like the Newcastle and Man U protests?

2 Likes