Football Thread

Villa fans have some weird beef with us at the moment…. Swear you are just an Agbonlahor sound board.

We have had 15 years of suit football apart from one season in that time.

I’m happy we stayed up for one. Brought Bruno in which is a massive signing there will be more like this to come. Targett is consistent same with Dan Burn, just because we didn’t pay £30mill for a CB who can’t get anywhere near the Brazil team.

We’ve had 6 months of new owners and nearly finished top ten with basically half a season to play.

Pointless talking to you about this.

2 Likes

No, it’s more the fact that we don’t think it’ll happen in one or two seasons.
Better that it’s a slow burn that’s sustainable than just spunking all the money down the drain.

Though as Neddy said you seem to have some massive beef with the club so I doubt this is really much of a conversation and more that you have your opinion set in stone.

1 Like

Burn and Targett were revelations, really made the defence feel secure which is something we haven’t had for years.
If we can get rid of Lascelles as well I’d be happy. Still don’t understand why Fernadez doesn’t get more game time though, I really rate him.

1 Like

Think he’s injured quite a lot.

I have reservations about a regime owning a football club in this country. Call me old fashioned but I’m not big on people having such commitment bias that they ignore something so evil for the benefit of a football club

Would I walk away from my club for doing the same? 100%. Its not even a question

I’m confused as to what is evil about what is going on at Newcastle.

When the British government stop dealing with Saudi Arabia and selling them guns etc then I will adjust my moral standing accordingly.

Bullshit.

Villas owner is Egyptian by the way.

Fully agree. Rival fans are blatantly playing a moral high ground card now whilst almost certainly not calling out City for all these years. Where did the Grealish money come from I wonder? 100 million wasn’t it?

2 Likes

That’s fair enough but that doesn’t really change whether a certain player is good (You seem to think anyone associated with the toon is poor) or the expectations of where you think the club will position in the league in the next season?
I don’t get why the hate is just towards Newcastle also. There’s plenty of dubious owners in the PL.
At least hate all of said clubs.

1 Like

Exactly, have not seen anyone on here questioning the morality between PSG and Man City ownership. Qatar airways being a major sponsor of huge clubs, get fucked.

It only matters because it’s Newcastle. Because we’ve been shit for years with the best fan base in the U.K. Sleeping fucking giant.

Co-Owner. Also, he isn’t the Prince of Egypt! Bit of a difference.

Yup and PIF are co-owners alongside Amanda Stavely and the Reuben brothers. Our chairman is just a businessman whose head of the fund, it’s Stavely driving all the change and her husband.

Fuck man Chelsea spent 20 years under Russian oligarch ownership.

Whatever helps you sleep at night mate!

We all know who really owns Newcastle. PIF my arse!

I sleep fine at night Gabby mk2 :wink:

PIF also have money in Uber so no more taxis and fast food for everyone. If they are involved in that 100% decision made for me….

The thing with whataboutism (“what about city”) is that it rather proves the point instead of deflecting it

It’s saying “yeah I accept we’re owned by one of the worst countries anywhere but those guys are also owned by bad people so it’s okay”. It isn’t.

And for the record comparing the UAE with the Saudis is apples and oranges

Sure ok.

Just want to make sure you don’t ever use Uber again. And please double check the forecourts for where your petrol came from.

I’m not standing here with a fucking Saudi flag, I’m stating they have done well for the club so far. Which isn’t all PIF money ffs.

Get off your high horse.

Fucking teeth! Looks like Jeremy Kyle.

I also appreciate there’s a degree of sunken cost fallacy here. It’s like those brexiteers who refuse to accept brexit is bad. Or Trump fans who ignore any fact about Trump that paints him as the bad guy

Because of the perceived good they’re doing for your football club, you ignore anything bad. Then you double down. Eventually you end up with Northerners waving Saudi flags and dressing in thawbs

Nope, it shows that people are bringing up the moral card when it suits them.

Really it’s an issue with the game as a whole, clubs will often just take the money wherever it comes from.

2 Likes