Football Thread

That wasn’t my point though. I can understand the point with us being owned by ‘bad people’ however I don’t get why we’ve singled out by yourself.
I don’t pretend that we’re owned by morally great people and I respect it if people dislike the club nowadays because of it but at least give that same moral credence to the other clubs owned by ‘bad people’.

1 Like

Also no one is perceiving our owners as good people?

1 Like

Northerners lol. They were happy because someone rescued the club from FCB and probably did go OTT. Hence the club asking people not to dress like that.

I love how this all came from buying Matt Targett and not someone better :joy_cat:

It’s exactly like Brexit and Trump. Fuck off.

Yer I would say that’s bang on about the financials of the game.

One notable exception would be Leicester.

1 Like

I’m sure there are a few others I’m forgetting.

Something is either okay or it isn’t. Whether it’s brought up or not doesn’t change facts. If City were owned by some other regime that flayed a desenting journalist then it’d be a fair comparison. Otherwise its just saying that all oil nations are the same which feels a bit xenophobic

The UAE does have recently documented human rights violations so I’m not sure xenophobia needs to be brought up either.

Again, there’s a big difference between the UAE and SA. Homosexuality is illegal in UAE and leads to people being imprisoned. In SA it leads to people being stoned to death

Just because they’re both “over there” and Islamic does not mean they’re the same at all

So you’re ok with City but not Newcastle, is that it? You’re right that they’re not the same but we could easily point to other questionable owners from other areas of the world just like Chelsea are finding out, they could be another example of you don’t like the City one. The whole game has an issue.

1 Like

Thank you. It isn’t just a Newcastle problem.

The World Cup would be starting this Friday if it hadn’t been moved to Qatar and brushing their more than questionable human rights violations under the carpet for money.

1 Like

Chelsea have questionable owners?

Am I happy with City being owned by the royal family of another country? No. Was I happy when they were bought from that even-sketchier Thai bloke? No. Was I on this forum back then to complain about it? No (none of us were). Are there any City fans here to extol the virtues of being owned by some gracious overlords? No.

We can keep talking about City if you want but it doesn’t change the issues of the Saudi ownership

I fully appreciate that most of you don’t care. You didn’t care when they were bought in December so why would you care now? I do find it odd when people post in other threads about things like the Russia situation or social issues whilst ignoring the bad here

Wow Tammy starting a real life football match for England that isn’t a damp squib (along with Grealish)

Shocker

Ireland 3 Scotland 0. Damn, nice one. Obafemi’s goal was fantastic.

Ye of little faith.

Tomori starting is an absolute touch. He will know this squad better than most of our players.

The kids in the stadium sound like they’re having a blast. “WHO ARE YA? WHO ARE YA?”

1 Like

Italy playing for a bore draw and if they can sneak a win, bonus.

Nunez in Liverpool.

However Jon Dahl Tomasson back in English football as Blackburn Manager.

Kompany new Burnley manager, interesting appointment.

1 Like