Football Thread

Genuinely thought Maradona was wearing a Green Cross Code Man outfit.

1 Like

Class game of 5’s tonight at Dudley Goals with @Brewer and friends!

2 Likes

Barca finally hijack the deal that Chelsea originally hijacked for Raphinha.

Barca have been doing some serious business recently.

I’m unsure as to how.

Chelsea making moves today.

Happy that Barcelona could be a competitive team again. Hopefully selling almost half the clubs assets to the US won’t bite them in the arse

1 Like

Is that how they’ve done it?

They were neck-deep in debt. Sold something like 25% to a private investment firm in the US, then I think sold another 24% (I guess to maintain majority) to the same firm

The problem is that this now means they’ve given up a massive chunk of the ownership of a special, historic catalan club to foreign investment. Football fans are fickle so I doubt the majority of their fans are too bothered if it potentially means success. Its just sad

If this doesn’t win them anything it also means they could be fucked going forward if they need more investment

2 Likes

Yer it’s sad as I thought they were 100% supporter owned. Showed how having no fans in the ground burst that bubble incredibly quickly.

It’s the licensing and merch arm they’ve sold (almost) half of

Haven’t sold certain TV rights like Champions League yet though. Basically they need to win a lot of shit quickly to keep this model going.

Read a piece on TheAthletic. They basically mortgaged their TV right for the next 10 years. Fuck knows how that’s allowed to happen, but it has :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Mad because they don’t even know how much they will receive but it’s already been paid for upfront. Hence how they signed RL and Raphina.

This is mental. €500k (nearly) an appearance. Da fuq.

I hope his one appearance last season was worth it then!

1 Like

Koundé to Barca. Another good signing.

How the hell are they doing this :joy:

De Jong would be stupid to leave now.

1 Like

He’s not going anywhere, they owe him bank.

He knows United are shit as well.

2 Likes

Selling off TV rights for the next decade to the US, buying players, but not paying the ones who are currently owed money. Perfect business model, if they don’t win stuff basically straight away they are fucked.

20 mil for Dwight McNeil.

We really do love paying stupid money for wingers huh

1 Like