Football Thread

Jesus and Zinchenko have massively raised the level of that team, pundits have said as much already but it’s obvious to see.

3 Likes

Any time I’ve watched Ukraine playing over the past year and a bit, him and Yarmalenko (despite the lack of game time at West Ham) have always stood out. Hope he gets more game time at Arsenal, he’s a treat to watch.

I have never wanted Man United to win a game so badly. Klopps reaction potentially priceless.

1 Like

My how I’ve missed these ultra negative Liverpool fans.

2 Likes

Jude is half right though. TAA is 100% a natural midfielder. He’s not an awful defender at all but he’s definitely not convincing when they are up against it as a team.

1 Like

Fucking hell. Puts a massive swing on the shit Ten Haag got first two games. Good to see Sancho and Rashford on the score sheet from an England perspective.

What a crazy weekend of fixtures! The beautiful game!

1 Like

At fucking last! No Maguire, coincidence?

1 Like

Potentially I didn’t watch it, just lost money on it :joy_cat:

Martinez Varane?

There was a load of stuff about Maguire to Chelsea?

1 Like

Pleeeaasse make this happen Chelsea!

1 Like

So much shit about every performance, he gets absolutely crucified. Needs to leave - what price though? £40mil?

Casemiro to United is touch. That’s McTominay done.

I wish I was Fabrizio Romano. Dream job I wish I had tried for.

“Here we go”.

Apparently Joao Pedro coming to the Toon from Watford. Fee and Terms agreed. Not sure what I make of that. In Eddie we trust :pray:t2: @Bish @Malanax

2 Likes

I honestly think our fanbase needs a couple of mediocre-at-best years to reset ourselves. We’ve become so accustomed to success that it’s sapped the life out of our home crowds and genuinely seems to be preventing us from enjoying our football.

1 Like

Yeah I saw that on twitter last night. Seems like a lot but like you say, Howe and his team seem pretty savvy. I mean they’ve turned Joelinton into a worldie.

1 Like

This legit killed me :joy:

4 Likes

Yep, all those second place trophies are pretty sweet.

1 Like

What I mean is, it seems like (up until the start of this season, anyway!) every Prem game for the last few years except City has been near-as nailed on a win, we’ve won a Champions League, making 3 finals in 5 years. It’s almost like we have to win multiple trophies and have a 90+ point league season else we’re not satisfied. I just want us to enjoy the ride!

Finally! Everton signing a half decent player in Neal Maupay. Been a minute since I was happy with a signing.

3 Likes

Waiting on Isak today from Sociedad. Hopefully play against Wolves on Sunday.

1 Like

I rate him but it’ll be a pretty big step up though.

Depends if they expect him to lead the line or not. Still not convinced by Everton at the moment, haven’t watched much of them yet this season.

1 Like