Football Thread

We are shocking. Probs won’t go down but it’s going to be a long old season.

1 Like

I’m feeling v hopeful of a solid top ten finish how we’ve started.

@sk8arrog8 reckon you’ll sell Gordon for 60milly? Thats crazy money if you can get it.

Hope so. Stupid money for such an improved player.

Isak confirmed. That is a hell of a signing. Where we were 12 months ago to now is just utter madness.

1 Like

Gotta admire it, main striker injured last week and new striker in week after. We’re crying out for a striker, got tons of forwards but can’t rely on the hope that Raul will find his form again. Looking forward to the game Sunday, don’t feel like I’ll be getting such supportive texts as I head to Molineux this time though @neddy :wink:

1 Like

I’ll send you some messages before hand just in case.

Don’t take advantage of the fact I’m in a much better place mentally haha. Think it will be a tight game, looking forward to it!

1 Like

Football is going a bit crazy today!

1 Like

Read some Liverpool fans last week saying to bin off Firmino. Just the two goals and three assist for him today

2 Likes

Fuck Mo Salah. 9-0 and 6 points as captain?! Unless Kane sores a hat-trick tomorrow I’m fucking him off and going with Haaland! Fuming.

2 Likes

Yer I fucked it.

Probably a fair result in the end @neddy - Newcastle battled hard and I was frustrated that we seemed to just be defending a 1 goal lead. The ruled out goal seemed a bit soft, however had it been the other way round I probably wouldn’t of said the same and god know what Hwang was doing which put the ball straight to Saint Maximin for what was a hell of a finish.

Thought Neves was unreal today and Semedo has a good game too!

1 Like

Was working today at a festival for work. Not seen anything, good game?

I’d say it was great for a neutral. My gold and black tinted glasses think a few decisions were questionable. Scharr should of seen red no doubt for me on that one, the foul for our second goal that was ruled out was soft, but was probably right if I am trying to be sensible. And tbf we were lucky to get away with not conceding a pen for a shirt pull.

For a 1-1 draw there’s plenty to talk about, it wasn’t dull

I’m a neutral and watched the game. It was a very good one. Highly enjoyed it!

Foul before the disallowed goal was definitely a foul in modern day football. As for the Schaefer challenge, even after multiple replays I personally believe a red would have been harsh. It was one of those challenges where if the ref had given a red, I don’t think VAR would have overturned it but at the same time they didn’t upgrade the yellow to red either. It was a grey area challenge.

Newc should have stolen the win right at the end but Wolves didn’t take advantage the of the many promising counter attacks they had.

2 Likes

Somebody just described it as “an orange card” which oddly made sense to me haha

3 Likes

Yeah that sounds about right!

Gerrard out. He’s totally out of his depth. “IT’S TIME TO GO” - RIP Claude :dove:

1 Like

Haaland. 5 games, 9 goals.

:joy:

2 Likes

Praying Pep rests him when Citeh play Villa on the weekend!