Football Thread

2 Likes

Fuck Liverpool man, 98th minute winner.

Ah well, that’s what happens when a team Saudi FC end up wasting time from the 10th minute or so. Nick Pope was the reason 3 extra minutes were added onto the intial extra 5 minutes and in doing so, created the time for Liverpool to win.

Alexander Isak looks great though, wow.

3 Likes

I didn’t get to see it, was working.

It’s mad that Nottingham Forrest have been such big spenders. Brought in like 21 players and have spent more than Man City, us etc.
That’s pretty much a whole new squad; hopefully works out for them!

Hasn’t so far. I think they got promoted in a similar way to QPR many years ago - loads of loan signings and past-their-prime players. Meaning once they got up they needed to build a new squad. Like QPR I doubt it’ll pay off

Stoked for Fulham though, hope they beat the odds and do well. They’ve been playing great football and it’ll make my dad happy if they have a good season

I’ve been trying to avoid football generally but fingers crossed the Gerrard experiment goes tits up and we can be a club again. I’m not even bothered if we stay in the PL. We need an actual manager who can create a cohesive team

2 Likes

They lost the majority of their squad from last year though, not as big of a deal as everyone makes it out to be tbh

1 Like

That’s fair, I did see that most of their squad were loan players last season. Still pretty big to get that many new faces in.

Big point for Villa. More importantly, a big performance!

1 Like

Only 4 months too late, ha.

1 Like

:flushed:

3 Likes

I fucking LOVE Diego Costa. Never should have left the prem. He was the perfect ‘nasty bastard’ striker. I hope he can still do it!

2 Likes

It’s gone from him having a trial on Tuesday to having a medical on Tuesday. Looking very likely. We need goals, and we can be accused of being “too nice” sometimes. Just not sure if he is the answer for us… entertainment will of gone up a few notches though!

1 Like

And some sweet red cards flying around, allows liked Costa.

Costa was just the guy you wanted in your team but hated if he was playing against your side.

2 Likes

Costa’s a mercenary who hasn’t played competitive football in months. Cannot see him being a success.

1 Like

26 games 7 goals (all competitions Atleti and Aletico Miniero) in two seasons doesn’t say a lot but he’s still an absolute handful and complete and utter shit house. Something Wolves probably need, looked light as fuck since Jiminez’s head injury.

Memes|Music|Gossip shared a post on Instagram: "It’s too early for this 😂😂 ♻️ @sebzz._". Follow their account to see 4185 posts.

Wooosh, well over my head.

We have some huge talent in the team now and seem to be able to do everything but score at times. Feel for the new lad Sasa Kalajdzic doing his ACL on his debut - how’s your luck?

Not sure Costa is the answer at all. It’s a roll of the dice for sure. With Raul he shows glimpses of the player he was pre injury and it’s a crying shame he never will be the same. But I do think some competition with push him on to raise his game as far as can again.

2 Likes