Football Thread

Franck Ribery has retired.

No! He had so much more to give!

3 Likes

Faaack off.

Haaland scored the same amount of EPL goals as Jesus did in 20/21 & 21/22 combined already. Jesus played in 57 games in those two seasons to get 17 goals.

Haaland 17 goals in 11 games. Just a random comparison as he took Jesusā€™ number.

1 Like

Just a quick message to confirm: we are shite

Needed to get that off my chest - thanks

Just to confirm we are 4th.

Fucking mental.

2 Likes

Pretty crazy, you have to hope all the teams with a game in hand lose now, haha.

1 Like

I know, just mad considering where we were last year.

I think worst we can end up is 6th. If everyone around us wins.

Spurs fan at work was at that game, mildly gassed for tomorrow.

1 Like

Eddie Howe has done/is doing an incredible job. Heā€™s top class. Wish Villa had ended up with him instead of Stevie last year.

Speaking of Villa, I got an amazing seat 2 hours before KO yesterday behind the dugout. Great view and close enough to see/hear the players and coaches.

What a result! We completely blew them out of the water in the first 15 minutes. Crazy what happens when you play your best players in the right formation in their actual positions!

2 Likes

Got me some Laouts

That is beyond stupid, wow.

Iā€™m reading one of the Secret Footballer books at the moment and TSF mentioned Howe and Bournemouth (2015) in quite an admiring way, which was pretty interesting given how heā€™s turned things around at NUFC and was initially thought of as them setting for a Premiership manager, rather than headhunting someone bigger.

2 Likes

Smacking Villa up currently.

1 Like

Fucking hell Leeds man!

Oh here he is!

1 Like

Hi! Pissed we arenā€™t 3rd.

The standard of defending at Liverpool has dropped a ridiculous amount.

1 Like

This guy is an idiot. He thinks the vast majority of Saudi FC fans are against the buyout? The vast majority of football fans would welcome the end of humanity as we know it if it guaranteed short term success for their team

Saudi FC fans give it a rest mate. Is it because we smashed your lot up you decided to post that?

No itā€™s because the teamā€™s owned by the Saudi government

2 Likes

No matter who owns a football team, success will blind even the smartest of fans out there. Especially if the owners ā€˜crimesā€™ or whatever are committed far away from home. Money talks. Look at Chelsea, City, PSG etc

4 Likes

Fucking boring broken record. The World Cups in Qatar ffs.

1 Like