Football Thread

Not this again.

There are crimes and then thereā€™s human rights atrocities. Chelsea were owned by a Russian individual who may have been shady but certainly paled in comparison to SA. City are owned by UAE - worse than Abramovich sure. The Qatari and Saudi ruling classes certainly compete in terms of crimes against humanity but Iā€™d argue the Saudiā€™s take it every time

2 Likes

Aye. All Iā€™m saying is if these clubs continue to win then the fans wonā€™t care.

1 Like

Oh yeah 100%. That BBC article I posted just made me laugh. Football fans arenā€™t exactly known for being the most socially conscious

Yep, the fans that boo players taking the knee against racism!

2 Likes

Only just put the spurs game on as Marseille scored. The fireworks are crazy sound like bombs going off!

Crikey that really is giving youth an opportunity!

2 Likes

Everton are so shit. Itā€™s just awful watching them. Lampard next to go?

Also, Dwight McNeil is such a woeful professional footballer. Iā€™m always shocked when he starts games. No pace, absolutely no right foot, doesnā€™t score goals, doesnā€™t create chancesā€¦ā€¦I donā€™t get it.

What a performance from Villa! Absolutely battered Man U ā€“ their goal was a lucky deflection too. Mings had Ronaldo in his pocket all game.

You can see the change in tactics under merry already. After the WC break we will be a different beast.

2 Likes

I mean you lose 4-0 last week then batter Man United. How many days has Emery had?

4-1 away to Southampton. Stupid to concede in 88min but then Bruno scored again. Chelsea at home I think is the last game before the World Cup.

If Liverpool beat Spurs tonight we stay 3rd. Fucking unbelievable. Miggy scored again so 7 in 7 for him.

Donā€™t even need to scroll down these days looking forward to MOTD tonight.

3 Likes

Almiron with 2 GOTM entries on MOTD.

Grealish has created a monster!

2 Likes

7goals in 7 for miggy now, 8 for the season.

Previous best was 4.

Mad what can happen when youā€™ve got a tactically astute manager in charge!

1 Like

Lol @ PSG being drawn against Bayern in the first round of Champos League knock-outā€™s!
Also re-run of last yearsā€™ Final - Liverpool vs Real.

Also, Barca vs Man U in the Europa KOā€™s!

Max spice.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s going to be a lot of money. More than Chelsea.

If anyone hadnā€™t watched it yet thereā€™s a rad documentary about Messi on iPlayer.

2 Likes

Nice :goat: Will watch tomorrow. Anyone hear Crouch on his podcast say if you choose Ronaldo over Messi then he doesnā€™t think you know football that well :joy:

1 Like