Football Thread

I’d rather not see that again.

That bad?

You’ll see

Just watching the Toon shackle it again – then watch Moyes explode.

Wow. Fair play Che.

Liverpool were out on the piss against City, missing Sergio.

Toon beat this lot twice this season, and S’oton lost 9-0 to the Foxes.

Jesus ain’t all he’s cracked up to be.
Footy, or otherwise.

1 Like

You’re right but I did quite enjoy the Newcastle v West Ham game. Saint Maximin impresses me more every game I watch at the minute. Seems to be very high in confidence at the moment.

Liverpool still seemed to be a bit hungover (excuse the pun) from the City game, but they need a couple of proper changes to achieve that scoreline. Souness’ comment about Grealish were certainly interesting - “I just think anyone who gets tackled that much and gets that many fouls isn’t seeing the picture quick enough”

3 Likes

He’s probably right about Grealish.

If he played in a better team and had players who moved into space for him he’d be a lot more effective. Nobody bitched about Hazard getting fouled so much when he stuck to the ball. Even Messi would look shit in this villa side

1 Like

The Southampton 0-9 Leicster result was bizarre to say the least. They had a shocking game, but as a team, they’re not bad and usually difficult to beat.

Benteke with a goal, the forgotten man!

1 Like

Referee looks at the VAR screen for five seconds and instantly knows its a red card. How the fuck do the control room take five minutes and still not be sure?

VAR needs to be like that. The referee on the pitch can view a replay if he’s not sure. Nobody else should get an opinion on it

1 Like

Too much waaawhammrr

1 Like

Arsenal doing an Arsenal, some things never change.

4 Likes
1 Like

Footballs shit - always said it

Haha, yeah was perfectly happy with nil nil tbh but buzzing about that

Think you lot barely had a shot on target, just got marked out of the game pretty much

Gutted for Wolves but them and Sheff Utd are both teams I like to see do well. Last couple of weeks my fantasy team has taken an absolute battering thanks to playing Conor Coady, Traore and Jimenez all at the same time.

For me it was one of the most frustrating games I’ve watched in a while, and the fact we made one sub concerns me.

We had the better chances the first half and Sheff the second. But both teams seemed to cancel each other out in the middle for most of the game and as much as Nuno is god like to me his subs are becoming too predictable. Notorious for protecting the clean sheet and avoiding a loss over getting the win but at 0-0 he needs to trust some of his other players and give them a chance. Fans were crying out for Podence to come on last night, but no dice.

Credit to Sheff United. They’ve done incredibly well all season.

1 Like

Ings plays, Ings scores.

2 Likes