Football Thread

Terrible defending from Arsenal for that Son goal but it was very well taken, looks like this could be quite a good game.

1 Like

1 Like

Been busy watching all the football today.

Absolutely buzzing with our result today. Daniel Podence made a point to Nuno with his performance. Neves tackle and then pass for the third was world class and if Fernandes has done it at united there would be a 3 part documentary about it on Sky.

Pleased for villa to get a result today but seeing the current Bournemouth score it still may not help, and would do us a MASSIVE favour… c’mon Bournemouth!

2 Likes

Bournouth v Leicester.
Mad game.
Pinball wizard goal just now.
Not sure what happened for Leicester to go a man down.
Watched a penalty, went out for a zoot and by the time I got back the score had changed again and the commentators are talking about a 10 man Leicester.

1 Like

Wow. Just wow. What am I seeing here?

Thank you Bournemouth. The amount of points Leicester have dropped this calendar year is ridiculous. How they have blown the gap they had is unreal.

2 Likes

What you guys think, man city champions league ban going to be upheld? Can’t see it myself, too much money changing hands

Just been announced that the ban’s been lifted. FFP is a joke.

Absolute piss take but it was always going to happen

I’d imagine there would be repercussions from whatever the decision would of been. This puts the integrity of FFP and UEFA (lol) on the line massively.

Funny how the city fan I work with was banging on about them not being bothered about the CL anyway and now he won’t shut up about it.

Yippee

They fined them ÂŁ10 mill, absolute joke

ÂŁ10 Million is a lotta money though.

No it isn’t. They’re set to make 10+ x more than that just from being in the champion’s league next year.

Banned breaching Financial Fair Play rules, then given such a small financial punishment to get out of it!?

It’s nothing to them, all of their players will have cost at least double that

So you think they should be fined more than 10% of what they earn?

Honestly, as far as fines go, it’s big.

Man City is a business just like any company, just because the owners can pump money in it doesn’t mean the club should be fined stupid money.

But it does make the system a joke that clubs can get away with it if they can afford the fine.

The point of a fine is to make it difficult for you to deal with resulting in you thinking twice about doing it again. If you can easily afford the fine then you’re not learning anything.

1 Like

They shouldn’t be fined anything, they should miss out on champions league. It’s the correct punishment for cheating the financial fair play rules and would act as a deterent in the future. What’s the point now? Why should any team stay within the rules?

2 Likes