Game Of Thrones containment thread

There’s a scene in the latest episode where he’s on a date trying to do date banter and it’s like he’s both never acted or talked to a person before

I was pretty disappointed at how easily the night king was killed.

I couldn’t really see much either, almost a quarter of it I’d say was just darkness with sounds of swords and people screaming. Also, how exacty were all those Dothraki just vapourised?

I liked it when Arya decided to fight though, that was good fun, but overall it wasn’t one of my favourites even if it was a bit of a payoff for waiting.

1 Like

Actually…

How about not surrounding characters with hundreds of demented flesh eating zombies only to get them out of an impossible jam just by cutting to another character? Or having another character impossibly save them at the last second over and over and over. That must have happened about 10 or more times.

Not showing a character totally surrounded out in the open only to see them teleport somewhere else would’ve helped…eg. Jon Snuuuh after trying to tackle the NK. He’s absolutely fucked at that point. I actually said if he doesnt die right there right now I’m done. He is dead and they should kill him now.

Oh no…he just…floated over them and back into the castle. Wooop…you go Jon Snuuuuh. .

The zombie hoard were pouring over the top. Cut to our hero’s battling one or two so that they can escape. Ooohh… There’s lots of danger here guys.

Arya was way up here…now she’s way down in this room?! The fuck. And the zombies are just lurching about because… They’ve totally changed their nature so she can get out.

The guy who’s been reanimated a million times was so that… he could save Arya once?! Are you fucking kidding me? Literally any character could’ve done that. He literally may as well have not existed.

Mellisandre… Fucking Mellisandre? Honestly what the fuck from start to finish with her. She did virtually fuck all and she was all like…‘Yup my job is done here.’ Where did she even pop up from.

There’s that but in the simpsons where Leonard Nimoy goes ‘my job is done here’ after Homer saves the dayon the Monorail. Marge goes WTF you didn’t do anything pal and he taps his nose and goes… ‘didn’t I?’

that was basically mellisandre this episode.

Her character…once all mysterious and intriguing literally reduced to dust. 7 series of mystery only to reveal her calling was to give little Arya a little pep talk. Hahahahaha. Garbage.

As for the end of the NK. Did Arya bop off a white walkers head to do that because otherwise she can now jump 12 to 13 foot in the air. Weeeeee. She would’ve had to fight her way through thousands of raving bloodthirsty zombies to even get to that bit of the castle. Maybe shes just supergirl now and can actually fly? who cares if it makes sense? Everyone loves Arya right…oooh lets get her to kill the NK instead of Jon Snuuuh. That will be twist won’t it.

Oh and there’s also the problem that this whole battle shat on the premise that the petty squabbling was a sideshow to the main event. Which was this.

Except it wasn’t… depite being built up from scene 1 episode 1 we know as much about their motivations and about the white walkers now as we did then. The white walkers didn’t even lay a glove on anyone! They just let themselves get diddled by a little girl.

When the camera panned round to show Jamie, Brienne, Pogba or whatever he’s called and all the rest all still alive on piles of bodies I was like:

Still though it all whizz bang crack a lack for a bit so that made it all OK. Nope… GoT has shat itself and is now sitting in its own cack.

What happened to the geordie going on about it doesn’t matter whos skelton sits on the iron throne?! This was it. We’ve been told for years that winter is coming and petty squabbles were meaningless because of this insane threat. All you needed was one supergirl with superpowers who didn’t actually use the superpowers she learnt over 2 gruellingly boring seasons.

Everything after here is an anti-cimax after this anti-climax. I think we are clerly going to get some kind of saccherine ending left a little bit open ended. It might even end with Jon Snuuuh winking at the camera it’s gone that cheesy. It’s going to be pure cheese.

BRAN. EVERYTHING ABOUT BRAN. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE POINT OF BRAN. Utter, utter bollocks. Maybe they will finally explain the point of Bran but I’m passed caring.

It was so jarring it was impossible not to pick problems with it rather than enjoy it.

PS. I’m no disgruntled book purist. I’ve never read them. The reason I’m gutted about all this is because we were promised fantasy for people who hated fantasy.

It’s now just a superhero story and I absolutely fucking hate superhero films because there’s never any real weight or danger to them.

…I think you can fault it.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed they are all slaughtered by Cersei.

1 Like

Ill give you Bran and Melissandra. Like, the bit where she’s walking at. The. Slowest. Possible. Pace. to light the barricades was ridiculous. Speed the fuck up. And Brans done nothing except wheel around and be creepy for the past 5 years.

But it’s a fuck off massive battle against snow zombies, it’s not supposed to be realistic. If it was, the WW would win, and the final elisode would be the NK sat on the iron throne, fade to black. But that’s not going to happen.

I think that’s where we fundamentally disagree.

Two words - internal logic.

I wish you well in enjoying it though.

I have never watched Got but some reason I find les’ spoilers entertaining. As for BvS ^^^. if it’s a fantastical idea like zombies etc why should we give things a pass? “it’s not supposed to be realistic” is not a great summing up of something that wants to be great. It should be realistic or realistic enough to be believable otherwise what’s the point? If you can pick easy holes in things then they have failed. If they can be explained away in some fantastical way then they can get a pass. Things like Interstellar are bullshit of course but beacuse you can sort of explain anything how you like to make total sense of it then it totally works. Interstellar is one of the best films in recent years because of it.

1 Like

Funny that, I thought Interstellar was absolute bollocks and an exact example of using made up space science as a way to fill plot holes

The sound design for that last episode was absolutely world-class, the silence at the start through to the soaring music.

The scale of ambition for me needs to be applauded too, this is a TV programme and to have so many working parts, huge sets, god knows how many extras, shot at night. THat almost uninterrupted shot of John…this is something that hasn’t been done before on this scale and might not be done again.

Den of Geek review I felt was spot on, it isn’t perfect but the mix of war film then into a horror creeping around. Also from a visual storytelling vs filmmaking problem solving side of things, the hoard with their flaming swords translated into a light that gets snuffed out and also saving the complexity of a huge battle at night with horses is a stroke of genius. The scale of storytelling is immense.

1 Like

Even if you can’t actually see a lot of what’s going on? Not sure about that one.

So you weren’t curious at all as to how this actually happened? The war itself goes on for ages with loads of them fighting the same enemy but the Dothraki lasted five minutes?! It was stupid but I still enjoyed it overall, it was just pretty flawed in my view.

I thought it was entertaining.

Line of duty this season has been better though. I’m more interested to see who H is rather than who gets the throne.

Interstellar was good.

The song in the last scene with the NK sounds like a total rip off of a ludivco einudi song.

Can everyone please stop talking about line of duty in here and delete all mention of it. Please. Pleeease. Thanks.

It’s not everyone, It’s just King Of Spoilers Hugo

Hold on, i’ve only spoiled one thing. M dying in skyfall.

Thanks a lot! still not watched that!

1 Like

Haha. This forum is now legit

2 Likes

Bit much.

It was, bahaha.

My YouTube recommendation videos are now almost all from nerds demanding blood from the writers of Game Of Thrones.