Gnarly Photos thread

Haha, properly gave you the rope to hang him with there.

1 Like

Might have been doing his secret undercover work that day.

Like I actually did, briefly.

I remember hearing that he had cancer one time.

Blackwell story re-up:

"when he broke his neck in an eastpak demo but carried on for the crowd?

He is mates with 50cent! He met him at butlins doing a demo!

Jesse Martinez came from dog town to personally give him his 1st Greed package and put him on the team.

He did a late grab Indy front flip over a jump box but nobody filmed it!

He beat TNT in a high air comp at rampworx ( there was no high air comp)

He wasnā€™t allowed to enter the high air comp at the soul bowl ( donnington) because they knew he would win! Serge Ventura, jocke, rune, bob burnquist, Lincoln ueada were all there :joy:

Just a few
I have about 1000 more"

11 Likes

ā€œoh at a comp in poland he was knocked out ( he faked a slam and didnā€™t even hit his head) went to hospital and had a brain scan
Came back and entered and won the best trip comp with a benihana!ā€

6 Likes

Iā€™ve heard this one somewhere years ago, probably the old forum.

Amazing.

I know exactly who youā€™re on about and Iā€™ve got some absolute bangers over the years too. One being a roof gap kickflip whilst mid chase with a policeman. Another being sponsored by Etnies and giving out free stickers to all the kids I prove it. He also said he has a killer section of me he filmed when I was 12 that heā€™s going to release any day

3 Likes

Bangers please I love this shit!

@Spanky thank you in stitches.

ha ha

That was Fat Man Scoop. Danny was at the same gig!

4 Likes

One day he slammed and said he 100% broke his wrist and demanded going to the hospital to get it fixed and we told him to fuck off.

Later the same day he was doing inverts on the same wrist.

3 Likes

And then worse a wrist guard up in da club

I remember he was once too scared to drop in on this reservoir thing we skated on a big push but when we got back in the van he claimed ā€˜yeah I didnā€™t drop in but if we had a motorbike iā€™d be the only one doing airs out of itā€™

13 Likes

Sadberge reservoir, no? If he was on a BMX getting pulled by a motorbike!

1 Like

That means cates is officially gnarlier than Blackwell

17 Likes

did you get the penultimate ending to the etnies story? had a scrap with ryan sheckler because he was a dick and got kicked off. and then thereā€™s going to cali to design shoes for vans. i remember him showing me some email he sent to dwindle about how the ā€œnorth east was infuriatedā€ by the quality of cliche boards. few years back he was banging on about printing ā€œfuck nativeā€ stickers cos ā€œeverythings too expensiveā€.

actually fuck youā€™ll love this one, you know bonners raft flats just over the water in town where youā€™d bomb down to the glass center? reckons it was a proper gang infested drugs paradise and he had to get out of there for ā€œme and my sonā€, week later reckons he sold the place for 80k. or the time we went wasteland and he couldnā€™t figure out the polejam despite doing a ā€œverticalā€ one at the glass center.

played a game of skate with him last year, he tried a fakie fs flip and by that i mean he turned into it 90 degrees, did a fakie flip and then did the absolute latest pivot out of it and got teary as fuck when everyone called bs on it. remember him doing a fakie biggerspin and sitting down thinking heā€™d won, i somehow pulled that out the bag, he fucked his next set and i took him out on a stinking fakie varial and i donā€™t think iā€™ve ever seen him look so defeated.

fuck me the more i think about it my head starts hurting. he did actually drop ā€œthe videoā€ that heā€™s been filming a fucking eternity for and itā€™s fucking gash, just a mix up of footage from about 5/6 different cameras, mixed aspect ratios and absolutely shite windows movie maker editing.

5 Likes

Dunno, if heā€™s reading this ā€¦

1 Like

Could be a wake up call for him to change, dude sounds like a bell. Unfortunately heā€™ll probably take it badly and disappear from the skate scene if heā€™s read it.

I have wondered how Blackwell deals with all this stuff, he must be used to seeing all the callouts. Does he just avoid people and constantly move between crews? Must be really depressing seeing your name come up in jest so much.

Well if itā€™s what he pedals it his own road .

He actually has something to do with a skateboard page on FB for depression these days. He didnā€™t start it but managed to get himself in as a mod some how.

Whereā€™s the video.

1 Like